JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

galaxy s21 USA finger print scanner unreliable

(Topic created: 02-02-2021 07:39 PM)
Trinath
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I bought the brand new galaxy s21 , and the finger print scanner is unreliable. Many times it simply does not work. Very frustrating,  is this a upgrade or downgrade. It is terrible, I upgraded from galaxy s7 .. and does not like this at all..
GZ2fold
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S21
Why are you giving the phone different fingers to figure out instead of one finger?
0 Likes
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

I find that I have a tendency in the real world to lightly tap the sensor.  When I think about it first, like you're probably doing when you are saving your prints, the reader works 100% of the time.  I found that even with the sensitivity turned up, I have to be firm with my press, I think because of my screen protector.

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch3 (VZW)
0 Likes
userzfQ0qiTOqw
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21

I thought I was alone.

Seems it requires getting used to tapping the right spot firmly for it to read the thumb print.

0 Likes
userMYHuQOncpU
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

I believe that the "light" touch was the problem.  When I press harder it seems to work every time.  Thanks for the suggestion.

0 Likes
MTJ
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
thanks I'll give it a try
0 Likes
User_name
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S21

please don't compare with physical fingerprint scanner with in-display fingerprint scanner lol try to add same prints twice and see. also, enable touch sensitivity from the settings. 

0 Likes
MTJ
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Thanks this video did the trick. Samsung should that guy some money for saving the customer experience on their device.
0 Likes
JetsetJR
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

I had the same issue but easily resolved as the S21 Ultra requires less pressure on the scanner than previous models... be gentle 🙂

0 Likes
usersYhAR4FVJQ
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

And I find I still have to swipe to open the screen????? Can that be undone?

0 Likes
plano-mano
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S21

i think for face unlock you have to swipe to open, but for fingerprint it automatically unlocks as soon as it takes your fingerprint

0 Likes