JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

galaxy s21 USA finger print scanner unreliable

(Topic created on: 2/8/21 5:55 AM)
Trinath
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I bought the brand new galaxy s21 , and the finger print scanner is unreliable. Many times it simply does not work. Very frustrating,  is this a upgrade or downgrade. It is terrible, I upgraded from galaxy s7 .. and does not like this at all..
66 Replies
musepharaoh
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
this video can help you get your reader to work well. mine works wonderfully and I do in fact see an improvement in speed and accuracy. https://youtu.be/r9v3H1dOyQc
MTJ
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
thanks I'll give it a try
0 Likes
MTJ
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Thanks this video did the trick. Samsung should that guy some money for saving the customer experience on their device.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S21

please don't compare with physical fingerprint scanner with in-display fingerprint scanner lol try to add same prints twice and see. also, enable touch sensitivity from the settings. 

0 Likes
JetsetJR
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

I had the same issue but easily resolved as the S21 Ultra requires less pressure on the scanner than previous models... be gentle :)

0 Likes
usersYhAR4FVJQ
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

And I find I still have to swipe to open the screen????? Can that be undone?

0 Likes
latoplano_6_625
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S21

i think for face unlock you have to swipe to open, but for fingerprint it automatically unlocks as soon as it takes your fingerprint

0 Likes
userzfQ0qiTOqw
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21

You're right. It needs a firm press to detect and unlock and messes up ALOT. My S9+ was soooo much better at this, I am upset i traded it in for $115 CAD while it is functioning better at basic things like this.

LisaRSmith
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Just got a new S21 and my fingerprint won't work with the screen protector I purchased. 
Please help!
0 Likes
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

Yep, unfortunately that is the case with many screen protectors.  You can go to settings->Display->Touch Sensitivity and turn that on.  You may even want to go back to Fingerprints and delete the old ones and enter new ones with the increased sensitivity.

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S4, Galaxy Watch3 (VZW)