JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

honest review s21 ultra SOT and Battery Life

(Topic created on: 2/24/21 4:36 PM)
invis52
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S21

S21 ultra is a great phone but im not getting the best battery but its alot batter than was previously 28% 5hour 36min SOT but i am a heavy user so this is still great just expected to high from samsung this year, this doesn't quite get me through the day can't quite hit 9 SOT that would be great but i have ever battery saving feature on. I have to say the camera is the best i have ever seen on any smartphone props to samsung for that, very smooth no lag no waiting for things to load fasr storage. Can't wait to see next years 22 Ultra with snapdragon 895 with possibly going to 4nm can't wait to see that.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
CalderCay
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S21
The more the phone is used, the more it learns your usage, and battery life improves.

Folks get so caught up with SOT.

Yesterday, I unplugged my phone from the charger at 5.30am and was at 20% battery at 10pm, with 70% usage.

I continued to use the phone with SmartThings to cast my TV to my phone watching a movie until 2am

Give me time to find a thread about SOT usage from another site (which I posted in Members a while back)

EDIT: I think this is the thread
https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/s21-ultra-sot-screen-on-time.4224357/

View solution in context

0 Likes
8 Replies
Solution
CalderCay
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S21
The more the phone is used, the more it learns your usage, and battery life improves.

Folks get so caught up with SOT.

Yesterday, I unplugged my phone from the charger at 5.30am and was at 20% battery at 10pm, with 70% usage.

I continued to use the phone with SmartThings to cast my TV to my phone watching a movie until 2am

Give me time to find a thread about SOT usage from another site (which I posted in Members a while back)

EDIT: I think this is the thread
https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/s21-ultra-sot-screen-on-time.4224357/

View solution in context

0 Likes
invis52
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S21
thanks u
0 Likes
invis52
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S21
but dang dark mode saves some batter significantly
0 Likes
invis52
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S21
but still am worried about battery with 120hz 1440p would kill my phone within 5 hours
0 Likes
invis52
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S21
ty though doubt this phone will last me 2 days i use my phone a lot like 6-10 hours a day
0 Likes
invis52
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S21
how long do you think i will have to wait for my overall battery increases after it's learned my usage ? so my batter will be better?
0 Likes
invis52
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S21
its been just week so im expected not as good results
0 Likes
betancd
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S21
It's been hit or miss for me so far. My main increases in battery were 1) Uninstalling Spotify and 2) Disabling Samsung "put unused apps to sleep" setting which somehow caused my phone to heat up, I am thinking a conflict in that setting with one of my apps.

Otherwise, some days I get 3 hours of SoT (lots of podcast and music streaming in the background) and some day I get 5:30 or so. I usually leave it on 1440 and 120hz. I'll try using dark mode more to see if it helps.
0 Likes