JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

how to activate heart rate sensor or SpO2 measurement

(Topic created on: 1/29/21 7:29 AM)
samuser1
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Does anyone know how to activate or measure heart rate with Samsung Health on S21? 
I could not find how to measure stress, oxygen level or heart rate with new S21 5G

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
LongHiker
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

@samuser1 wrote:
Does anyone know how to activate or measure heart rate with Samsung Health on S21? 
I could not find how to measure stress, oxygen level or heart rate with new S21 5G

The S21 does not have the hardware sensors needed to take those measurements. 

Do you have a Samsung watch? 

View solution in context

9 Replies
Patriot1776JG
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S21
don't think it's on Samsung Health anymore
Solution
LongHiker
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

@samuser1 wrote:

The S21 does not have the hardware sensors needed to take those measurements. 

Do you have a Samsung watch? 

View solution in context

samuser1
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
oh... Samsung really becoming stingy... :unamused_face:
thanks for helping me to make my decision to return the phone easy.
VerbumVeritum
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

@samuser1 wrote:
oh... Samsung really becoming stingy... :unamused_face:
thanks for helping me to make my decision to return the phone easy.

@samuser1 Smart watches are much more reliable and accurate. No recent Samsung flagship has had this feature. 

0 Likes
userXN9fea403g
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

I totally agree with you, I didn't bought the s20 because this sensor was missing (and here in France it probably save my father's life who got the covid and emergencies would not accept him without the proof I was able to give them thanks to my s8 last year). Unfortunatelly this sensor is still missing on s21 so I bought a s10. Moreover it is a really cheap sensor and easy to integer in the design so this is hard to understand why they removed it. Smart watches are not for me neither (I prefer the quartz or automatic ones which don't need to be charged each 2 days...)

0 Likes
Tyrick
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S21
they removed this feature on the galaxy note 10 so it's been gone for a while. if you want a heart rate sensor, you'll need to buy a galaxy watch or a compatible Android watch.
0 Likes
MusicKoala
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
Ibcould never really use it because it never rarely gave me any reading. It would tell me to put my finger over the sensor when it already was there and had been there. When the watches started I just switched to that so I wouldn't have to deal with the phone sensor.
userv8zEb9o1Dr
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
Crazy that my old Samsung s9 could measure heart rate and oxygen but my new s21 can't
0 Likes
Sumatra119
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
wow they are really downgraded. no SD slot. no heath measures
0 Likes