JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Need ability to add signature to outgoing text messages

(Topic created: 05-06-2021 10:10 AM)
userIHCtdmEG6a
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

I have been a Samsung Galaxy user for several years.  I just purchased the S21 Ultra, and was shocked to find out that it does not have the capability to create and add an automatic signature to outgoing text messages!  Whose idea was it to eliminate that function?  Ouch! That is a critical feature in my line of work, and something that I would also consider to be a primary "common sense feature" even for more casual users.  How many times have you wondered who sent you a message, because you don't recognize the number?  That happens all the time!  I found out that Verizon has Message+ that would allow me to add a signature.  That isn't an ideal alternative, though, for reasons I won't go into now.  Besides ...  doesn't it seem ridiculous to spend this kind of money on a device and then hope you can find an app somewhere just so you can add a function that should be considered a basic essential of the device?  Sorry to go on so long, but I wanted to be sure there are strong reasons for this request.  Everyone I have mentioned this to is shocked to learn that the device can't do that.  Can you PLEASE get that function added as an update to the S21 Ultra ASAP.  You had it on your previous devices, so the process should be rather quick.  Thank you! 

NOTE: I would like to make some suggestions on a couple of changes to the text message signature function when you add it. 

1) Previously it had about 30 characters available. I would suggest making it at least 60. 

2) Since many people need to use their device for personal use AND for work, I suggest creating a "toggle" that gives the user the opportunity to choose between 2 different signatures when they send a message.  That one might be more complicated and take more time to develop.  If so, I would suggest rolling out the first change right away while this one is being developed.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Stephanie Nikki
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S21

We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

6 Replies
Deja3
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
Not sure what text messaging app you're using, but with the Samsung text app you can enter in a "nick name " for those that don't have your number in their phone...
userIHCtdmEG6a
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Thank you for the suggestion.  That doesn't seem to be an option, though. I do have the Samsung text app, but there is nowhere to create a "nick name".  I'm not sure that is what I really want to do, but I did attempt to do that in case in might be a solution.  In the process, I found a couple of messages on line from people who said that option isn't available on Samsung devices now either.  Can you offer some directions on how to try that on my phone.  I am not seeing anything anywhere that seems creating a nick name.  Thanks again.

0 Likes
userIHCtdmEG6a
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

And sorry for the typos.

0 Likes
Deja3
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
If you go into Samsung messages, then to "settings", then "chat settings", you'll find the Nickname in Chats setting...at least this is the case with my app, and it's up to date.

Screenshot_20210507-132549_Messages.jpg

Screenshot_20210507-132645_One UI Home.jpg

userHOpZpv2Q3k
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
I've been a Samsung user for years and use the Samsung messages app and the signature feature has been there for awhile, so has the create a text or message and send at a later time or date and auto reply
0 Likes
Solution
Stephanie Nikki
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S21

We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.