JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

[OFFICIAL] Samsung GalaxyS21 MEGA-THREAD

(Topic created: 01-15-2021 06:30 PM)
Samsung Dusty
Samsung Employee
Options
Galaxy S21

The all new Galaxy S21 family has arrived and we couldn't be more excited about our new flagship devices!

This is the *official* Galaxy S21 family reaction thread. What features do you like the most? Got any sneaky tips or tricks that might help out other users? Just want rave about the new device?

Drop all of your comments, reactions and speculations below! 

Screen Shot 2021-02-25 at 6.29.02 PM.png

Some quick highlights...

Galaxy S21/S21+

• New, vibrant colors
  • 12MP Rear Ultra-Wide Pro Camera System
  • 8GB RAM
  • Advanced chipset
  • Super fast 120Hz refresh rate
  • Up to 256 GB of internal storage
  • Available for purchase NOW!

Galaxy S21 Ultra

• Upgraded Quad Camera System
  • 108MP Camera Sensor
  • Bold new design
  • 5,000 mAh Battery Capacity
  • 6.8" Quad HD+ screen w/Dynamic AMOLED 2X Infinity O-Display
  • 12GB RAM
  • Available for purchase NOW!

Galaxy-S21-S21-plus_Infographic_main-768x1313.jpgGalaxy-S21-Ultra-Infographic_main-768x1313.jpg

More information: Galaxy S21/S21+, Galaxy S21 Ultra

-Samsung Team

416 Replies
Mäw
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21

8k 20 minutes? I don't buy Chinese or cheap knock offs. I run high end sd cards on all my devices ie. (drones,tablets etc). speed has never been an issue

Geno71
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

@evolut 

I'm not in the camp of "no SD card = no sale" myself, but I think it's good to recognize that most people likely want an SD card to store things other than 8K video. Talking about 8K video is the most extreme example. Sure, it's probably too much for a common SD card to handle, but everything else would be fine. Plus if you want to record 8K content, won't it be filling up your internal storage rather quickly? Are you going to upload them to the cloud? 8K will be an issue no matter what the device is equipped with, so not a great example IMO. 

Don't forget to give this post a Like by clicking on the ❤ icon below. 
And if it answered your question, please click on "Accept as Solution"

bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

@Geno71 

I'm not in that camp either but I feel it's inaccurate to say things like "most people".  If "most people" truly were going to make a buying decision on whether a phone had expandable storage or not then neither Apple or Samsung would have removed it.

If given the option to buy a 21 Ultra either with or without removable storage of course I'd opt for the storage but in all my years with a microsd card, I've never consumed more than 100 gig between internal and external of which most of it consists of files that were only ever accessed when I initially saved them and my wife has never exceed 16 gig on her Apple, and I feel that we represent a large segment of the consumer base.

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
Geno71
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

@bill-e

IDK man, sure it's not good to generalize, but I think it's pretty safe to assume that yeah, most people won't be recording videos in 8K. It's too demanding and frankly, pointless, since there is not much that you can play those videos on yet, editing is a nightmare and the overall quality is not much better, if not worse in many scenarios, than 4K. It might be useful if you're shooting a movie on your phone. Probably not something that most people will ever do.

Don't forget to give this post a Like by clicking on the ❤ icon below. 
And if it answered your question, please click on "Accept as Solution"

bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

@Geno71 

Yea, I dont shoot movies in high res for a couple of reasons the first being the editing and the second second being that most of what I do is short Youtube clips and I dont want them too big.

For my photo's I sync everything as I take them to Google Photo's and to my Monument Photo home cloud either over mobile data or wifi.  Most of my serious photography is done with a DSLR but I am anxious to get a real good phone camera for those times I'm too lazy to grab it.

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
Mtiede
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21

fwiw, I currently have a total of 400+ gig of storage used on internal and SD card. I don't think that will fit on the s21, especially if there is no SD card.

Options
Galaxy S21

It is a horrible idea. Cloud is not 100% available. Cellular signals do not reach inside of all buildings and especially the fast 5G signals. Cell coverage is completely lacking in some areas. SD card storage is always available.

useriWhU1RVQu7
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

I thought samaung is unique brand. But not anymore following apple's foot step. No only ditching charger and headphones this year but also microsd card.. already looking for alternative this year. 

Galaxynotesfun
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

I agree with some comments here,  I was ready to order the 21 ultra because usually it get all the features and links were saying that was going to be the only version that was going to support SD cards.  So disappointing that wasn't true,  I'm skipping the 21 series until Samsung brings back the SD support on the s series 

Galaxynotesfun
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

wherever I still not happy with not having SD card support