JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Not receiving some Text Messages

(Topic created: 02-03-2021 09:13 AM)
Jpurple80
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

Messaging Issue I purchased the S21+ through Spectrum and was not receiving some text from my contacts.I could get most but not all. (and no the contacts in question weren't using Apple phones) After hours of research I finally figured out I was not receiving text from my contacts that use RCS messaging (chat features). I could send them text but their reply wasn't coming back through. (unless they clicked on the reply text and selected sms) I was just wondering if anyone else had this issue. I have done a lot of troubleshooting such as clearing the cache and the data on messages, resetting the network on the phone, having Spectrum reset the network on the sim, putting phone in safe mode, resetting the phone, ect.... I'm also open to any advice or input on this situation. Kinda wondering if it is just my phone or a programming or network issue. PS. (Spectrum Uses the Verizon network along with their Spectrum Hotspots)

***Update within comments on how I solved this issue and Carrier Services by Google wasn't needed. ***
JUMP TO SOLUTION
Jpurple80
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I honestly can't remember because I have tried so many, but I will give it a try real fast. How long do you recommend I leave as default and should I restart my phone at any point.
0 Likes
glassman72
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S21
no need to restart phone, hope it works for you
0 Likes
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

Just an FYI, Samsung messages version 12.1.01.25 which shipped with my Verizon S21 supports RCS and Chat.  

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
Jpurple80
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I tried Samsung messages version 12.1.01.29 and it doesn't work on my phone. The sms and mms work fine but the advance features do not.
0 Likes
RMC78
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
My s21 ultra from Verizon says start using advanced messaging when first opening and I tap yes and nothing happens. I do have chat settings but no advanced settings.
0 Likes
J251
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

I have Verizon with the S21 Ultra 128gb. I had issues with texting with my S8+ such as receiving the same text more than once and people receiving my texts more than once. And this would happen randomly so I can really reproduce the issue, its seemingly totally random as to when the dups would occur. 

This is continuing to happen with the S21 and another strange issue is when I take a pic and want to use the share button to send they never get it. But if I take a pic, leave the photo app and go into where the photo is stored and send it from there it will work.

Edit:

This happens with Verizon Message+ AND Samsungs stock Message app.
I do not like Google Messages because of the way they let you handle stared/favorited texts. I like to favorite a text then be able to hit delete all and everything gets deleted except the stared items. Googles Messenfer app doesn't let you do this but Verizons and Samsungs do.

0 Likes
user52xZY0VYxm
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Yep. Same issues here. I confirmed with a Samsung representative (via Chat) that I will have to wait for a software update to fix this "bug". How do you not get text messaging right? I could care less how great your camera is, if you can't do messaging correctly. Frustrating.

Jpurple80
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I spent hours and hours which turned into days researching this issue. I have tried every work around I can find and nothing has worked.
plano-mano
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S21

unlocked device using vzw and spectrum does not support RCS. also, RCS only works between the same carrier, and not all carriers support RCS.

I wish it supports like an imessage that supports between same manufature.

Jpurple80
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I got it to work for a few days after downloading Carrier Services by Google. Then someone told me if my phone didn't come with Carrier Services that I didn't need it. So I took it off and now can't get my number to reverify eve after reinstalling Carrier Services. I bought my phone straight from Spectrum which uses Verizon towers. I don't believe it is an unlocked version.
0 Likes