JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Not receiving some Text Messages

(Topic created: 02-03-2021 09:13 AM)
Jpurple80
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

Messaging Issue I purchased the S21+ through Spectrum and was not receiving some text from my contacts.I could get most but not all. (and no the contacts in question weren't using Apple phones) After hours of research I finally figured out I was not receiving text from my contacts that use RCS messaging (chat features). I could send them text but their reply wasn't coming back through. (unless they clicked on the reply text and selected sms) I was just wondering if anyone else had this issue. I have done a lot of troubleshooting such as clearing the cache and the data on messages, resetting the network on the phone, having Spectrum reset the network on the sim, putting phone in safe mode, resetting the phone, ect.... I'm also open to any advice or input on this situation. Kinda wondering if it is just my phone or a programming or network issue. PS. (Spectrum Uses the Verizon network along with their Spectrum Hotspots)

***Update within comments on how I solved this issue and Carrier Services by Google wasn't needed. ***
JUMP TO SOLUTION
20 Replies
Solution
Jpurple80
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Just an update for anyone following this post. I uninstalled Google Messages for 9 days and when I reinstalled the app I made it my default messanger. Next I closed the app completely and reopened it and it automatically reconnected me to the chat features.