Original topic:

portrait mode not working properly on s21 ultra

(Topic created on: 3/3/21 3:25 PM)
Prika33
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Hi, is anyone else having an issue with their S21 Ultra Portrait Mode? Ever since the update to 11.0.02.44 my portrait mode on camera seems to not work. It only works occasionally when you have it in blur mode, but any other type of portrait option won't work. You can take the photo as if it was in that mode, but when reviewing the photos it's a normal photo. Super annoying as I take a ton of photos.. 

I hope an update fixes this bug :(
13 Replies
CalderCay
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S21
I tested this ...

Agreed, using some modes, I can see the mode in real time, but the resulting photo simply looks "normal", i.e., without the effect (mode) applied
Prika33
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I just got a message from a Samsung tech saying it's definitely a bug and it will be fixed in the next update. :\
Jskinvest
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21

Were they familiar with the bug in your opinion?

0 Likes
Prika33
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
it seemed that way, the person who responded said they indeed see it and would fix. this morning I got an update and said "enhances and bugs fixed" in camera. hoping this fixed it! it's so frustrating :tired_face:
0 Likes
Jskinvest
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21

I have been having this exact same issue on my S21+ since February 8. A reboot fixes it but only for about two hours maximum. I even did a factory reset and that did not help either. I am hoping that Samsung addresses this soon.

Prika33
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I just got an update this morning and everything seems to be working! I'll report back tonight to see if all seems okay again.
0 Likes
Jskinvest
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21

Interesting. What update did you get? Do you know the your current camera version. I got an update yesterday and the camera was updated to version 11.0.02.63. Unfortunately that update did not fix this issue. I have an S21+ on Verizon.

0 Likes
Prika33
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
this one! my camera also updated to yours hopefully that was the fix! :)

clipboard_image_1614979176181_1614979176181.jpg

0 Likes
Jskinvest
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21

You are lucky. My update did not fix it. Maybe because I have a Verizon locked version? Is yours unlocked?

0 Likes