JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Protection for camera lenses on s21 ultra

(Topic created: 03-05-2021 02:53 PM)
hannah2008
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

Has anyone used liquid screen protection on the camera lenses on s21 ultra? I'm trying to figure out how best to protect them.

0 Likes
3 Replies
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21
I installed a ballistic glass protector and found that it caused some glare when pointed into the sun so I removed it while waiting a coated glass protector to become available.
Liquid glass (ceramic coating) should do the same and I personally wouldn't want a coating that bonds to the glass.
** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
Solution
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S21

I would not use a liquid. Over time, the material discolors, thereby resulting in nasty looking photos.

Another side effect is distortion.

<edit>

Mari_K
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

hello @hannah2008 

if you're using a case, just make sure you get a case that has raised edges around the camera module. Most Samsung cases are minimal around the camera, but there are a lot of 3rd party cases that offer more protection

0 Likes