Original topic:

s21 Ultra Volume Going to Zero with Samsung/AKG USB-C Headphones

(Topic created on: 3/3/21 7:31 AM)
GadgetRick
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

This has been happening for the last week or so. Whenever I'm watching video (Netflix/YouTube/etc.) it will randomly move the volume to zero. I fight with it to get it to go back up and then it eventually goes back to zero.

Someone else mentioned resetting headphones to factory default software but nobody posts how to do this. I went into the Apps section of the settings and reset the data on the headphones but still happening.

Really annoying...especially on such and expensive phone.

4 Replies
userKRUdy6LaVt
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Can you try it after changing below setting?

settings -> apps -> google -> permissions -> microphone denied

I'll be wating your answer.

0 Likes
GadgetRick
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

By doing this will it create problems elsewhere like using the phone via Android Auto, etc.?

0 Likes
userKRUdy6LaVt
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

If you do not use google's speech api such as Google assistant, it is not a problem.
 It is possible to check whether the problem persists or not.

Is it the same if you change the earphone to another one?

0 Likes
GadgetRick
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

I use Google Assistant a lot. 

I don't have another set of headphones so I don't know if it happens with them. Others have reported the same problem with the same headphones though so I'm guessing it's just these. Problem is, it's a totally random thing. I took flights out (and back) from FL to Salt Lake City earlier this week and it never messed with the volume. I was at the gym this morning and it was going crazy on me again.

Very frustrating. Would be great if someone from Samsung were to actually reply with some suggestions.

0 Likes