JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

s21 ultra tmobile preorder

(Topic created on: 1/18/21 4:13 PM)
nickatnight12
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Did anyone preorder s21 ultra from samsung.com and see or receive the additional $100 discount for selecting tmobile? I remember seeing it on release day, but upon checking again to buy it, the $100 off isn't there anymore and instead other mobile carriers besides tmobile have that deal. I contacted Samsung and they couldn't find any proof of it, and of course I didn't think to screenshot it when I saw it..

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
This-is-me
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
Eureka! I figured it out. The $399.99 price is definitely an option. It only applies the extra $100 discount if you are trading in s/n20 device. Basically trade n20u in and get $700 trade in value toward s21u unlocked.
Trade in n20u for t-mobile branded s21u and receive the extra $100 discount totaling $800. To my understanding at&t/verizon will give you the deal weather its s/n10, s/n20 maybe even s/n9 because they make you sign a 2/3year contract for the premium plan $70/90 a month and you get the s21u at a huge discount that they deduct from you monthly bill. T-mobile does same practice just picky about bonus.

View solution in context

11 Replies
Eyayo
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
I did. I pre-ordered on lunch day. I usually buy unlocked phones but when I saw the $100 discount, I couldn't let it slip by. Afterall, I can always ask t-mobile to unlock it.
nickatnight12
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Thank you! is there any way you could send me any proof possibly of the discount? samsung needs a screenshot showing that it did exist at one point. if you could, that would be greatly appreciated. I wish I had bought on launch day as well now..
0 Likes
Conrad4051
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
100,150,200 is there now.
nickatnight12
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
yes, but this discount was an additional discount on top of the accessories credit. if you look at the prices for each carrier, you'll see the disparity
0 Likes
SamsungCole
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S21

Please reach out to our eCommerce team directly for all online order issues or questions, they can be reached at 855-726-8721 directly. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
nickatnight12
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I did, but they had no idea this deal existed, and needed me to prove it with a screenshot to be escalated.
0 Likes
This-is-me
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
It is still available when I setup your configuration to purchase. You have to make sure your cart is empty for the discount to be avaiable. Next the $100 discount is through the carrier. You will have to verify with reciept and change to and select eligible plan that rewards you the extra $100 discount.

If this solved your problem press 3dots top right of this comment and select accept solution
nickatnight12
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I have noticed that it is back to being available, however when I select the trade in option I notice that for tmobile it goes away again, whereas for other carriers it stays. could you let me know if the same thing happens to you? don't know if it's a glitch. thanks!
0 Likes
Solution
This-is-me
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
Eureka! I figured it out. The $399.99 price is definitely an option. It only applies the extra $100 discount if you are trading in s/n20 device. Basically trade n20u in and get $700 trade in value toward s21u unlocked.
Trade in n20u for t-mobile branded s21u and receive the extra $100 discount totaling $800. To my understanding at&t/verizon will give you the deal weather its s/n10, s/n20 maybe even s/n9 because they make you sign a 2/3year contract for the premium plan $70/90 a month and you get the s21u at a huge discount that they deduct from you monthly bill. T-mobile does same practice just picky about bonus.

View solution in context