Original topic:

s21 ultra

(Topic created on: 2/13/21 5:30 PM)
MrBeaglsworth
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Does anybody know where the phone data went in my files.... the only way I can access these files if I connect it to a laptop
17 Replies
CalderCay
Sun
Options
Galaxy S21
Yea, nothing shows using My Files and Google Files (yes, I have Show Hidden Files on), in that subdirectory ... I used Smart Switch to transfer from the S10+ to this Ultra, and everything came over.
0 Likes
MrBeaglsworth
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
the information is there it's just not letting me access it ... it shows on scan I have 17gb if apps and data .... it's not showing up in the subdirectories but when I connect it to a laptop I can access it
0 Likes
SHADOWGATE
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S21
check Data/0/Emulated/Data area ...theyve started sticking it in weird places like that creating a sub partition within the internal storage. sort of treating it like we would an sd card that we use to format and partition back in the day.
0 Likes
ᗩTOᗰIᑕ
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
that's completely normal. it's an android 11 new future for privacy and security reasons.
0 Likes
MrBeaglsworth
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
how do I fix it ...??
0 Likes
ᗩTOᗰIᑕ
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
You can't. It's just like the way it is the new android 11. You can try download some other file managers from play store but I wouldn't mess with that. The only workaround is connecting with pc. It was like that in my note 20 ultra when I download the new android 11 and it's the same way with my s21 ultra..
0 Likes
MrBeaglsworth
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
if they're going to do this they should at least have an option where you can turn this on or off. it made no sense where I couldn't access it from the phone but I can to computer I'm just going back to a custom ROM
0 Likes
ᗩTOᗰIᑕ
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
you are right about that..
0 Likes