Original topic:

samsung galaxy s21 ringtone

(Topic created on: 2/7/21 2:38 AM)
Isanami
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Have anyone have problems setting up the ringtone for the phone itself? I go to settings go to ringtone and notifications I click the ringtone I want click set but it won't actually change it says call background sound and the music for it but everytime I try to change it I click set and nothing won't change keeps saying the same thing how do I fix it im able to assign each contact its own ringtone but for the main one I can't and now when I try to send it just keeps loading won't setq
8 Replies
CalderCay
Sun
Options
Galaxy S21
I am able to change ringtones on my 21 Ultra ... and my wife is able to on her 21
Try this
* Power off phone
* Boot into Maintenance mode
* Scroll down to Clear Cache and select it
* Select to Reboot phone
Try changing ringtone
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S21

where do you see "Set" in the ringtone settings? you just select the preferred ringtone and it will change the main ringtone. 

0 Likes
ADMGLOVAL
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
I discovered that whatever mp3 file you select MUST be tagged and in addition it cannot have any dashes or special characters in the name or tag.
0 Likes
latoplano_6_625
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S21

go to settings -> sound and vibration -> ringtone ->  + on top right -> select music file

i tried with music file that has dashes and special characters( parenthesis, bracket, under score) and they all works

0 Likes
UB6IB9
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
Mine is playing the audio from the 15 second video clip I chose to use for the lock screen
0 Likes
latoplano_6_625
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S21

can you explain what you mean by 'use for the lock screen'??

thanks!

0 Likes
UB6IB9
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
My lockscreen has 2 15 second video clips that it goes back and forth with each time I unlock my phone. It's the lockscreen wallpaper but a video
0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S21

Just to clarify, your note 20 ringtone is the audio from the videos on the lock screen is that correct?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes