JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung s21 plus ends calls with no error message on Wi-Fi and Mobile networks

(Topic created: 01-30-2021 09:10 AM)
robertkerns
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

I bought the phone yesterday ( the day it came out) after buying it from the store my phone began to just end calls as I was on them. It gave no other information like "call dropped, searching for signal, etc." All times this happened I was stationary at home or work and it happens both on WIFI and mobile network. I reached out to t mobile and we did some trouble shooting but its still happening. Any support, tips or otherwise would be greatly appreciated. I'd hate to have to return the phone as I really like the s21 plus. Anyone else having this issue with the s21 series? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
DGM
Sun
Options
Galaxy S21

You have a couple things to try;  the simplist is:

Go to settings/general management/reset/reset network settings.... choose that option & confirm selection.  That should solve problem.

If not, try taking your phone out of 5g mode and putting in 4g/lte mode:   Settings/connecrtions/Mobile Networks/Network mode  -- choose 4g or lte

If the above two steps don't help, I'm afraid your last resort is "factory reset"... choose that option after going to "reset" per above. - - IMPORTANT >>>> If you do this step, backup any important contacts, data, etc.. as it will be erased.

Good luck!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. - Thanks!

View solution in context

8 Replies
Patriot1776USA
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S21
try a network reset.

Been seeing a lot of fellow S21 owners having issues with T mobile, maybe still working out the bugs from the sprint merger. I was with sprint had S20 no problems, they merged problems all the time. I left am now with Verizon and couldn't be happier !
robertkerns
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
yeah, I've had nothing but problems since switching to t mobile about a month and a half ago. may be time to leave already.
Solution
DGM
Sun
Options
Galaxy S21

You have a couple things to try;  the simplist is:

Go to settings/general management/reset/reset network settings.... choose that option & confirm selection.  That should solve problem.

If not, try taking your phone out of 5g mode and putting in 4g/lte mode:   Settings/connecrtions/Mobile Networks/Network mode  -- choose 4g or lte

If the above two steps don't help, I'm afraid your last resort is "factory reset"... choose that option after going to "reset" per above. - - IMPORTANT >>>> If you do this step, backup any important contacts, data, etc.. as it will be erased.

Good luck!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. - Thanks!

robertkerns
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
thank you and will do
DGM
Sun
Options
Galaxy S21
Great. Hope it works for you! If it does, please come back and Mark "accepted solution" so others can take advantage of the tips as well. Thanks! 👍
userwlDt
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21

Shipped my s21+ back w/all the accessories r'cd for pre-ordering.

The phone would not make/receive phone calls. No ring, no option to answer phone. Usually rec'd notification of "missed call", sometimes not. Sometimes voice mail for missed call, sometimes not. 

I really wanted the phone to work. Spent 3 days going back & forth to T-Mobile Sprint Store (reset network, re-provision, new SIM, etc.), calling Samsung Tech, calling T-Mobile Sprint Tech. Finally tried to get replacement phone thru on line chat. Was told I had to send Everything back, get credit and reorder...Then get an adjustment. Ordering after pre-order promotional has less credit for accessories. Don't send accessories back, credit of $510. I got my S21+ 3 days before available in store. I sent everything back (including  ear buds I had used to listen to audiobooks) on in store launch day. Seems like a simple resolution would have been to just replace the phone.

Hope you have better luck! 

Stephanie Nikki
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S21

I recommend speaking with your carrier regarding issues with their services. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userwlDt
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
Thank you. I did both in person & with Tech Support to no avail. I tried to with Samsung Tech Support and Samsung Sales too. The frustration of not having a working phone for 3 days defeated me and I gave up. So sad too because I was looking forward to a new phone.