JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Screen recorder lagging

(Topic created: 03-20-2021 12:04 PM)
KingLitty
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

My screen recorder is lagging,  but only does so when I'm recording  both screen sound and screen and mic. When I record just the screen  with no sound, I have no problems.  Is anyone else having or had this issue and if so does anyone  have any solutions? 

5 Replies
KreditJunkie1
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
go to settings, scroll down to advanced settings, go to I believe its screen shots and screen recorder and try changing the video quality to a lower setting and see if that'll offset the lagging. Also check to see if you have any available updates that might pertain to your situation. like the video player or sound/mic recorder. ok good luck!
KingLitty
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I just took took the screen recorder to its lowest resolution (480P) but it still had the issue, funny thing is when I muted the video the lagging stopped, and how do I search for specific updates? I checked for phone updates, but was up to date. thanks for the suggestions BTW
0 Likes
Solution
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S21
No issues here with lagging.

Clearing the Cache Partition has a tendency to automagically correct different issues ...

We're gonna boot into "Maintenance mode" to clear the Cache Partition :

Power off the phone
Press and hold the Volume Up button
Press and hold the Power button, holding both buttons
Eventually the Maintenance screen will display (text mode console)
Release the keys
Use Volume Down to highlight the clear the Cache Partition entry
Use Power button to select
Answer Yes
... cache will be cleared and menu displayed
Reboot phone

... test
KingLitty
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
works perfectly now, thank you
0 Likes
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S21
Thanks for the feedback.
As a matter of habit, I clear the Cache Partition once a week, even if there's nothing rwong. It's a way to "clear out the cobwebs", so to speak.
0 Likes