Original topic:

snapchat

(Topic created: 11-17-2021 09:03 PM)
userEm4XRDYwjY
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
on snapchat video it wont let me use the camera it just shows a black screen and says snapchat was unable to open the camera
9 Replies
SJohnson
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21
Hey there hope you are doing well,

Have you checked if there are any updates to the Snapchat app? Be sure to clear out the cache of the app and try it again. Also check if the Snapchat permissions allow the camera to be used

userEm4XRDYwjY
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
yes i did all of that still no fix
0 Likes
SJohnson
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21
Ok. Try clearing out the camera cache this time. If that does not work let's try clearing out your system cache which will clear out any ghost files.

To clear out the system cache power down your device. Once the device is powered down hold the power button and volume up key simultaneously until the Samsung logo appears then release the buttons. This will take you to the boot menu. Use the volume up and down keys to select the clear partition cache option then press the power button to confirm the selection. After you have cleared the system cache, select reboot your device

userEm4XRDYwjY
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
still no luck
0 Likes
SJohnson
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21
Okay let's try one more thing. Open up your dial pad and enter *#0*# which will open up a test menu. Test your mega Cam and front cam to see if everything is working. If everything seems to be working fine it could be an issue with Snapchat, If uninstalling and reinstalling does not work

0 Likes
userEm4XRDYwjY
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
i think its snapchat
NeonX89
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
When I first updated to the first beta, snapchat broke. Best I can say check for updates if it's not an update then try just hard deleting the app and reinstall, if it still doesn't work then unfortunately you're just going to have to wait till Snap themselves send an update because it's not functioning through the new OS "incompatible".
0 Likes
Mrs-Cay
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S21
Video is a problem for some people
0 Likes
CboyX
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Is the permission to access camera allowed?
0 Likes