Original topic:

software update AUIG loses cellular connection

(Topic created: 10-04-2021 02:55 PM)
kingvargas
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

i have a S21 ultra with verizon. did two updates today AUGQ and then AUIG. now i dont have cellular service. i took it verizon and spent my whole morning there. they gave me a new sim but couldnt activate it. so i swapped the sim to my old S9 and was able to activate it. eveything worked so i slapped in back into my S21 and still doesnt have service. verizon recommended me to make an insurance claim. im wondering if i can downgrade the software? or should i take it to ubreakifix? anyone else experiencing this? and no its not the whole social media service thing being down today

7 Replies
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

My Ultra is working fine.  If you have another Verizon store nearby it might be worth trying another set of techies to see if you can resolve it.

Did you do a Factory Reset?  That's what Ubreakifix is going to do.

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S4, Galaxy Watch3 (VZW)
kingvargas
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

Hi Bill 

i did not do a factory reset yet, i was hoping not to. is your ultra on the AUIG update and working fine? if so, i just may have to factory reset. 

when doing the factory reset it puts the phone back to its original state at the software version it was shipped at correct? should i continue doing the updates after factory reset?

thanks 

0 Likes
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

Yes, I'm on the AUIG load.

First try  a Safe Boot and if that doesnt make a difference then clear the system cache and see if that works.  I'm actually shocked that they did not try this all of this and the Factory Reset before suggesting you send it in.

I believe that the factory reset clears out all the caches, only loads the original factory apps and I do think it will still have you at AUIG as I don't remember ever having to update again after the reset but I may be mis-remembering.  If I am mis-remembering, yes accept the updates.

Initially after the reset do not restore your backups....first make sure the phone is working.  If then you restore your backup and it stops again then you should do another Factory Reset and install the apps manually.

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S4, Galaxy Watch3 (VZW)
clarabell
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I am on my 3rd brand new s21 for the first two my phone shut off all the time repeatedly all day long . .. this one I received last week has been fine other then2 times I have not been able to call I ca n text but not call it says I do not have a carrier. I am also a verizon customer. I waited 3 weeks for this phone . . And was told if there are other issues (which I think they know there will be as it is garbage) it will take months to get a new one. My question... if it takes months to get a new one how are they producing new models?
0 Likes
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

Sorry for your issues but mine's been flawless since I got it in January.  If you have issues with this one perform the steps I mention above as it could very well be one or more of your apps causing the issues.

Bill
---
0 Likes
RedDragon
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

@kingvargas Try to reset the network settings on the settings.  

kingvargas
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

thanks bill & reddragon, done both network & factory resets and nothing. i guess i gotta do a insurance claim?

0 Likes