Original topic:

stuttering ringtones

(Topic created on: 3/15/21 1:17 PM)
EsQueue
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Anytime I get a call, the sound cuts out in the beginning. I've included a video of the issue. 

The way for me to replicate the issue is when I recieve any phone call fron any phone number. It doesn't matter If I use original or custom ringtones. If I ring my device using phone locater or google device manager, it rings normally. The issue as seen in the video is the two pauses when the ring starts to play. I've tried to call the phone when the phone is both sleeping or unlocked and it's always the same thing. I've also tried the phone in safe mode and the problem persists.

Be advised that I had this exact same problem with my previous S10e phone the last month that I owned it. I am wondering if it is linked to the android 11 update but can't be sure. The phone number in the video doesn't need to be censored as it is a public number I believe. I am in the US and have an s21 + with the snapdragon cpu on Sprint. I've already submitted a ticket.
0 Likes
7 Replies
MrsThang128
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S21
The ringtones you've tried already, were they stock ringtones or ones you downloaded? Try a stock ringtone and see if it happens with one of those. You didn't mention this is your post.
0 Likes
EsQueue
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Yeah, it does it with both stock and custom ringtones. I'll go ahead edit my OG post too. 

0 Likes
MrsThang128
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S21
yeah, it may have something to do with the update. Weird it singled you out with both phones
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S21

have you tried it in the safe mode? submit an error report via samsung members app 

0 Likes
EsQueue
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

No I haven't. I'll look up safe mode, try it and report back. I've already submitted a ticket via the members app.

Just tried safe mode and the problem remains. 

0 Likes
EsQueue
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Yesterday I noticed that my ringtones were normal. I did nothing. I did notice that I got about 7 Google related updates on my phone yesterday.  Maybe that fixed it. 

KarolKozlowski
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

I hope this helps someone. I've noticed that my ringtone was choppy on the speaker when I was connected to a Bluetooth device and all audio was going through it. When I changed the audio device to my phone (with StmartThings) the ringtone was no longer choppy. Might be some audio router issue (PulseAudio or sth?).

0 Likes