JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S22 not responding to screen taps

(Topic created: 06-28-2022 05:36 PM)
Fuzzwuz
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
My wife's S22 and my S22 ultra often don't respond to a single finger tap to navigate, initiate an action or enter a response. It can be dangerous when operating a vehicle using my phone as a gps. But now I think the root cause it's related to the quality of service. I have poor signal quality at my home so I've been trying different signal boosters. I notice better signal quality gives better screen response to taps of my finger. I have had poor signal quality for 16 years and many different brands of phones but I've never had a problem with the touchscreen not responding properly. I turned in an error report and Samsung says they know about the issue. I hope they prioritize user input when the phone gets busy looking for signal. It will lead to less distractions while operating a vehicle and less frustration while using their flagship phone. I would think the screen working properly would be top priority when releasing new hardware/software

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S22

Hello, We understand how frustrating it is when the touchscreen of the phone is not responding correctly.

There are some simple ways to get the touchscreen working again when it’s frozen, unresponsive, or acting funny. Here are some troubleshooting steps to assist you with your phone touchscreen issues https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01213974/

If the issue persists after performing the steps, you can use the following link to find a list of service centers in the U.S. that can do the repair: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location or by contacting customer support at 1-800-726-7864.

For service outside the U.S., please use this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocationsite.html 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
13 Replies
VivaMexico2005
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Press the restart button
0 Likes
Fuzzwuz
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
They're almost wore out from restarting, only had them 2 weeks
0 Likes
EgyptianGod
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S22
Just because you having spotty signal or little to none service doesn't mean that it affects your screen taps. Do you have some type of screen protector on your phone?, if so have your turned you sensitive level on. (Settings > Display > Touch Sensitivity.)
Another thing is have you recently dropped your phone? You could have damaged the screen itself even if there is no sign of screen damage.
0 Likes
Fuzzwuz
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
I figured poor service would keep the phone busy looking for signal and switching between 5g and 4g. It just gets better with a good signal booster and worse when I disconnect the booster. It does this without screen protectors or phone cases. I've tried screen sensitivity on and off. I've cleared system cache, reset accessibility settings, changed resolution, tried different tap times, removed anti virus software and never dropped them. I've only had the phones 2 weeks. Thought about returning them but figured since both were doing the same thing, other new S22s would do the same thing too. When I submitted an error report they said they knew about the problem. Hopefully next software update fixes it
0 Likes
Bs2209
Sun
Options
Galaxy S22
This is a common problem. Most likely due to your phone having a screen protector. Just remove it.
0 Likes
Fuzzwuz
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
Yes I agree it is a common problem but I am not using a screen protector
Fuzzwuz
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
I just received the June software update on the Ultra but it did not fix the tap issue
0 Likes
User_name
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S22

Submit an error report after replicating the issue
Samsung Members app > Get help > Send feedback > Error reports

0 Likes
Fuzzwuz
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
I submitted several error reports with screen recordings. I got some feedback saying it's a known problem. And I got other feedback saying take it to ubreakifix store to troubleshoot this. But since both phones have the problem I think it's software or something other than replacing a part
0 Likes