JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

voice announcement with notification on lock screen

(Topic created: 01-30-2021 12:00 PM)
Crowseph
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I've a new S21, and when I receive a text or calendar notification when the phone is locked, a voice follows the notification chime that says "message" or "event" etc.  Anyone know how to disable this voice feature and still get notifications? 

TalkBack is not turned on, and I can't find an option in settings. Thanks in advance. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Wy2sassy
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

If you are wearing Earbuds, make sure that "Read notifications aloud" is turned off.  I got new earbuds and it just started on mine so since nothing worked on the phone I tried the app for my galaxy buds+ and that stopped it. 🙂

Hope it stops  yours like it did mine!

View solution in context

7 Replies
Patriot1776JG
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S21
try looking in notifications
0 Likes
Crowseph
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
thanks for the reply. I've tried everything there, even the advance settings, and can't find a fix 😕
0 Likes
Patriot1776JG
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S21
welcome. OK here is another idea, from settings, go to apps, open apps scroll down to calendar, open see what you can turn off or not. Do the same for messages. if this doesn't work, then I would call your carrier tech support
0 Likes
Crowseph
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
thanks again. it's really strange, as most of my other settings mirrored over from my last Galaxy phone seamlessly. I'll keep looking into it
0 Likes
Patriot1776JG
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S21
hey just had a brain fast idea, mirror your settings, notifications, everything to your new phone from your old phone. time consuming but I didn't from my S20 to my S21 and so far no problems everything works !
0 Likes
Solution
Wy2sassy
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

If you are wearing Earbuds, make sure that "Read notifications aloud" is turned off.  I got new earbuds and it just started on mine so since nothing worked on the phone I tried the app for my galaxy buds+ and that stopped it. 🙂

Hope it stops  yours like it did mine!

Crowseph
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
that was it!! thank you SO much for the help! 😃
0 Likes