JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

watch Samsung Gear V 700

(Topic created: 02-27-2021 08:15 PM)
userZFs6Tq2hfv
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
I was very shocked that my watch  Samsung Gear SM V -700 does not work with this phone Samsung galaxy S21 5G Ultra. I tried to have them in perfect form for many years. I needed them for my job and now I have to throw them in the trash $ 324.00. I tried to contact the Samsung, but they only gave me a message that there is no more app for my watch since they are of the old model.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungCole
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S21

Unfortunately once a device has reached end of life, or when the software has stopped being supported, we would no longer be able to guarantee compatibility with various features. You are always welcome to check www.samsung.com directly for compatible watch models for the S21 series devices. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

6 Replies
CalderCay
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S21
Yea, the 700 was launched September 23, 2013, so over eight years old ... I'm shocked the battery is still good.

If it's that important to continue to have a 700, you can buy one on eBay for about $40 USD
0 Likes
userZFs6Tq2hfv
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
why buy like not working to samsung s21
0 Likes
CalderCay
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S21
Buy an up-to-date (current) watch and be done with it
0 Likes
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

@CalderCay  and @SamsungCole ,

I get that but the watch no longer works with my Note 3.  Normally an app is frozen at the last supported version and it will still operate with devices it is compatible with.  Samsung forces an update to the Gear Manager which works with the Gear watch to the 2021 version of the Wear app and thus breaking the watch.

Hopefully someone will figure out a way around the auto update.

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S4, Galaxy Watch3 (VZW)
0 Likes
userZFs6Tq2hfv
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
i know....
new watch don't have camera this problems
0 Likes
Solution
SamsungCole
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S21

Unfortunately once a device has reached end of life, or when the software has stopped being supported, we would no longer be able to guarantee compatibility with various features. You are always welcome to check www.samsung.com directly for compatible watch models for the S21 series devices. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context