Original topic:

wifi calling not working!

(Topic created on: 2/19/21 7:10 PM)
Jonathanf
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
I just got the new Galaxy S21 ultra and it will not activate Wi-Fi calling.  I have done a factory reset reset network settings reset all settings turn the features on and off I called my Carrier and had them remove the feature in re added as well as reprovision my device the issue still remains. I work for Verizon and have had several other Samsung devices with the same issue. It appears to be a software issue that Samsung needs to update quickly. It is not OK to have a $1200 device that I can't even use at home.
jon10101
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
This sounds Too easy: Navigate to and open the Phone app. Tap More options (the three vertical dots), tap Settings, and then tap Wi-Fi Calling
0 Likes
usereQ5ayUR9E3
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

I just got mine and am having the same problem.

Jonathanf
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
who is your service provider?
0 Likes
userexj20EibRC
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

I did a factory reset as well at the verizon store yesterday and it still does not allow for wifi calling to be enabled. What's also really annoying are these pop up messages asking to enable wifi calling and when you click on it, it gives you an error message and doesn't allow you to turn it on. You can't even turn off the notifications for it.... Samsung has to fix this issue!!

0 Likes
Jonathanf
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
same! it is frustrating. I live on the side of a mountain. I need wifi calling.
0 Likes
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

Question: do you guys have Verizon phones or Unlocked.  Unlocked won't work on Verizon and should not even display that option.  If it's a Verizon phone then obviously it should work.  Did the Verizon Reps give you a new SIM and re-provision the line for HD calling and WIFI calling?

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S4, Galaxy Watch3 (VZW)
0 Likes
Jonathanf
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
yes I have a Verizon phone. Also I have had the line reprovisioned for HD voice. I work for Verizon as well. There appears to be several samsung phones that are having this issue. not just the s21. I have seen it with the s20 and the A71. There is a master ticket created for the issue. hopefully they will resolve it soon.
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

@Jonathanf 

Good information, Thanks!

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S4, Galaxy Watch3 (VZW)
0 Likes
Dana H
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

I have the same issue with the Galaxy s21 Ultra that I purchased yesterday.  I found some information on a Verizon Community forum that has helped some people.  Here is the link:  https://community.verizon.com/t5/Google-Pixel/Missing-advanced-calling/td-p/1030295.  This did not work for me because the codes they use in the phone app don't work on my phone.  I suspect that Samsung/Verizon have this locked down so that the average user cannot change settings behind the scenes.

Maybe it will work for you.

0 Likes
Stephen Karr
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Good afternoon

I purchased a Galaxy S21+5g phone at the Verizon Store here in Michigan and have the same problem.  We called corporate Verizon support to assist.  We reset the network twice and even tried new SIM cards.  This is a Samsung issue, not Verizon issue as my wife's brand new iPhone 12 works with Wifi Calling.  My Samsung Galaxy S9 ALSO works with WiFi calling.  How could Samsung put a new phone on the market with such a basic flaw?  Really?  Why didn't Quality Assurance flag this?  This needs to get fixed immediately.  

0 Likes