Original topic:

108MP photo's can't be uploaded to Discord or Imgur

(Topic created: 11-01-2022 12:47 PM)
BusinessGoose
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

Hi everyone,

I am running into this issue where I can't upload photo's that I've made with the S22 Ultra 108MP camera to certain services. For instance, 108MP photo's can't be uploaded to Discord or Imgur, but can to WhatsApp. Though normal non 108MP photo's can be uploaded to Discord and Imgur. 

Could this have to do anything with the fact that these are 12000x9000 resolution photos and that Discord/Imgur doesn't compress these before uploading and WhatsApp does? 

Has anyone ran into this or has any clue on how to fix this?

Thanks in advance!

Goose

5 Replies
usermzeJaY3BsM
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S22

Don't take picture intended for these services with the 108MP lens.

Long story short here, is that many online services have an upper limit to how large the file size can be, and a 108MP image is guaranteed to trip this limit.

0 Likes
BusinessGoose
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

I got Discord Nitro and can upload files up to 100MB, one 108MP photo is about 18-21MB, which should be more than small enough to upload. Not taking photo's with the 108MP lens doens't really feel like a solution

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S22
Was bummed out the day I found this out as well, there must be some kind of limit on the resolution or something because I also thought I'd work with nitro, or the 108mp is just bugged for discord somehow.
0 Likes
NeonX89
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
Simply turn to a different lense on the camera settings. It's essentially "3:4 at 108MP average 11mb+ or, in ".heic 15mb+" which normal Discord allows 10mb and under.

Setting it to (3:4) or (16:9) gets the same result in lower resolution attributes being around 10 mb.

It's free to do without having to go though a paywall.

Although Discord says "8mb" I use Discord and upload higher "MB" photos so it must be compressible.
0 Likes
TipsyTrex
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
108mpx is a larger resolution than those services support. Just don't use the 108mpx for social media stuff, it limits your ability to use the other lenses and features anyways
0 Likes