Original topic:

3rd party Password manager Doesn't work properly

(Topic created: 07-21-2022 01:12 PM)
userFiCpmOhqih
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

Hi. I just got an S22+ and I'm trying to use Bitwarden but it's just not working properly, it seems that it's not detecting the username/email addresses as fillable forms. For password fields sometimes it does and sometimes not, but for usernames it never does on apps and websites. I tried to use all four methods mentioned in Bitwarden to no avail. I've been using Bitwarden on my S9+ without any issues at all. I also tried 1Password on S22+ and it has the exact same issues so I'm sure it has something to do with the phone. I'm seriously considering returning the phones because this is so important to me. Anyone can help please?

9 Replies
LongHiker
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22

@userFiCpmOhqih It may be a permission issue. Try this:

1. Open phone settings
  2. Click on Accessibility
  3. Click on Installed apps
  4. Click on Bitwarden
  5. Make sure it is set to On so it can fill usernames and passwords in supported browsers. 

I use 1Password. It is cross platform and cross OS. It works on every device I own. Works great on the Samsung devices we have. 

0 Likes
userFiCpmOhqih
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Yes it's definitely already set to on. It's also active in the passwords and autofill settings. It just doesn't pick up any username or email address fields. Are you using 1password with S22?
0 Likes
LongHiker
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22

@userFiCpmOhqih "Are you using 1password with S22?"

Yes, on S22 Ultra. 

0 Likes
userFiCpmOhqih
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Do you mind sharing exactly what things you activated etc.. I'm guessing you did the accessibility thing and the "passwords and autofill". Is that correct? And was there anything else? And you confirm it works for you for username and email fields in browsers and apps?
0 Likes
1Peter2_2ESV
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
Same here on my s22+ but also my old OnePlus and iphone 13. I think it's just how some programs are coded, maybe a combination of different things. But a nice feature in s22 is the screen split. In the case that the password field is not detected I put BW in the bottom screen to copy and paste quickly. Hope this helps
0 Likes
userFiCpmOhqih
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Thanks but I really feel that I shouldn't have to go through all this. My iphone works flawlessly and it's ridiculous that the $700 S22+ can't get this simple thing correctly
mdavidf
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
I have a similar issue with LastPass; your issue is a question for Bitwarden.
0 Likes
userFiCpmOhqih
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
It works fine on other phones so I figured it has something to do with the new phone
0 Likes
userg9zVz7yuPM
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
Did we ever find a solution for the S22 Ultra? It's not working. I followed all the setup steps and nothing is working. Web browser or apps.
0 Likes