Original topic:

AOD Icons change with UI 6.1

(Topic created: 05-13-2024 05:19 AM)
FAUguy
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S22

I noticed that after my S22 Ultra was updated to UI 6.1 last Friday, that the AOD Notification Icons are all white like the clock time. They use to each be their own color, such as Red for YouTube. That made them easier to see. Now with them all white, it's a bit more difficult to see what's no there at a distance. I went into Good Lock/Lock Star and in there it shows them as full color (see picture). But it doesn't actually do that in the phone.

16 Replies
gkouzis
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

Anybody listening ???? We need them back.... BIG colored notification icons !!

MattLaTorra24
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22

Yes, please! Samsung is losing their way.

FAUguy
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S22
A month later and Good Lock has not been updated/fixed to show COLOR Icon Notifications on the AOD. Still dealing with the white icons that are harder to see what they are
MattLaTorra24
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22

Same here!  I have liked my S24 ultra but this is the first time that I am not in love with it like I was with previous S series flagships like my S22U and S23U. Loosing the AOD icon color notifications was a huge downgrade. Same with losing all the AOD clock and brightness features. I don't understand why Samsung would take this away.  The only reasonable explanation is that they're slowly trying to force feed us the iphone experience. This is very similar to the iPhone's AOD screen with the all light gray icons and text. The Samsung AOD color icon notifications served a very practical purposes and just visually looked better. Having AOD color icon notifications just makes sense. It a very quick way to identify from a far what type of notification , pertaining to which app, you've received. This was especially useful if your phone was a bit far from you. SAMSUNG, please bring AOD notification color icons back in a software update. I am really disliking your copy cat iPhone AOD screen. The more you  copy the iphone with stuff like this, the more I feel like just getting an iphone. If you're just going to start slow trickling an iphone experience to me, I might as well just go get an iphone (which tbh I am seriously considering after the s24 Ultra if you're just going in that direction anyway). Sad times for a 12 year back to back Samsung owner since the Samsung S3 days. 

Muhammad zaib
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

Absolutely right :white_heavy_check_mark:️ 

0 Likes
userRAAWmImvpi
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22

I was told by the Samsung Customer Care team in May that they raised awareness to the development team and it would be fixed in the next updates. And to wait for the June security updates. Those updates came and there was no update to the AOD icons. So reached out again, and the 3 people I was transferred between knew absolutely nothing about what I was talking about, and all promised to raise awareness to the development team so it could be taken care of with the next round of updates. Like I said before, it's been an open-ticket since the first week of March, and Samsung doesn't appear to care what their customers want.  They have an app dedicated to tweaking different areas of the phone to customize things how you want, but then use that app to remove options and refuse to listen to their customers. It's probably a lost cause, and we should start getting used to having options taken away little by little until One UI becomes the Android variant of iOS that they're trying to make it.

fortor48
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

I've recently updated S21U to OneUI 6.1, and was surprised with AOD icons fail as well. Inspired by y'all topics on various forums and on Reddit, I've decided to register a Samsung account (I have Samsungs since 2011, but didn't have their account yet), accepted all those messy access requests to my contacts etc. from built-in samsung bloatware, and issued a request via Samsung Members application regarding AOD app notification colors.

They answered me the same day, and promised to deliver the issue to their developers department, but couldn't guarrantee the resolving. They said that if the issue be massive - the solution will come with higher possibility.

So, if you are also struggling with new "updated" functionality, you'd better make a respective application to their techsupport, so they will be forced to bomb their dev department with the issue and see that customers are actually suffer from their updated "features".