JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

AT&T Firmware/software Updates.

(Topic created: 07-11-2022 04:09 AM)
SEC_4_POTUS
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
Anybody else not seeing what firmware/software version is being updated on AT&T service? I no longer see what comes in the update or what the last update was. Just a check for update and no update available screen. Starting to think AT&T is loading bloatware and other apps without letting their customers know about it.
7 Replies
PowerUser
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
Check your device today. AT&T released the July Security Update this morning.

Version AVF7 weighing in at 525 GB or so.

Enjoy your new update. 😉 👍
0 Likes
SEC_4_POTUS
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
I got the update last week. Getting updates is not the issue. It's how the AT&T software update menu looks. Mine doesn't look like stock Android. Screenshot_20220710-215357_Software Update.jpgScreenshot_20220710-215407_Software Update.jpgScreenshot_20220710-215418_Software Update.jpg
0 Likes
Bs2209
Sun
Options
Galaxy S22
No Samsung that has ever been released has looks like stock Android ever they do not use stock Android and never have the original user interface was called TouchWiz and when the Galaxy S8 was released they released a new much much better user interface it is now called one UI you will only ever find it on a Samsung device
0 Likes
SEC_4_POTUS
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
Should look like this.....SmartSelect_20220711-040845_Chrome_19792_1657537726.jpg
0 Likes
PowerUser
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
I agree. Is your device running Samsung official software? Your pix appear to be anything other than an official software release as you point out.

Other than software update is your device running and functioning properly? Is the rest of your device running the official One UI 4.1 release?
0 Likes
SEC_4_POTUS
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
Everything is official. I think it's AT&T's little UI that makes it look like that. My other devices all have the stock look.
0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S22

Hello, We understand the concern over not seeing the details of a security update. For questions or concerns regarding any update, you will need to contact your service provider, as they as directly responsible for providing the updates. We apologize for any inconveniences.