JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

After August update screen is in black and white?

(Topic created: 08-19-2022 10:50 AM)
JohnC45
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22

My s22 Ultra, just did some type of update.  When driving my phone screen is now black and white as is my android Auto screen in my car.  What the heck did this update do?  Something about well being. How do I get this back to the way it was before this update.  I'm still 4.1 and Android 12 so I don't know what updated.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
JohnC45
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
Thanks didn't find visibility enhancements. But in digital well-being I found bedtime mode I had it set for 10:30 pm - 8am. Well now it says in addition to phone calls, messages it now goes into greyscale. Well the set time was 1:13pm. I erased that time it went to turn on now. It turned it off and color came back. 1:13 was about the time of the update. Thank you sent me searching in the right area.

View solution in context

4 Replies
d_spi
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22

Good afternoon @JohnC45 I hope you're doing well today. 

I'm sorry to hear that after your S22 Ultra did an update some of your Settings got messed up. 

It sounds like color inversion on your phone was turned on. To check this, go to your Settings menu> next scroll down and tap "display"> from there scroll down to "visibility enhancements" and make sure all the toggles in this setting are turned off.  

I hope this works for you.

0 Likes
JohnC45
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
Thanks see below.
0 Likes
Solution
JohnC45
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
Thanks didn't find visibility enhancements. But in digital well-being I found bedtime mode I had it set for 10:30 pm - 8am. Well now it says in addition to phone calls, messages it now goes into greyscale. Well the set time was 1:13pm. I erased that time it went to turn on now. It turned it off and color came back. 1:13 was about the time of the update. Thank you sent me searching in the right area.
d_spi
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22
It's good that you found it.
0 Likes