JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Alarm Clock Issues

(Topic created: 07-14-2022 07:31 AM)
Kay19
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
When I set an alarm on my Galaxy 22 Ultra, if ny ringer is off the alarm doesn't sound off, it just vibrates. Anybody knows why and how to fix? My S21 did the same thing. I've overslept a few times because I can't hear the alarm. 
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Kay19
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
This didn't fix the issue, but what I ended up doing was going into clock ans then press the three dots to get to the settings. In the clock settings at the top there is a button for alarm alerts. It says alarms and timers will vibrate if your phone is set to mute or vibrate. You'll still hear alarms when your phone is set to sound. I toggled that to off. The alarm rings now, even if the ringer is off. I wouldn't have found it without you. Thanks for your help.

View solution in context

6 Replies
Belaythatorder
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S22
It sounds like you may have media volume control linked to your ringer volume. Do this: press and hold your volume key down and press on the line of 3 dots then tap on the cogwheel icon that appears in the upper right hand corner then make sure "use volume keys for media" is toggled off. Now when you turn down your ringer it won't effect your media volume.
Solution
Kay19
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
This didn't fix the issue, but what I ended up doing was going into clock ans then press the three dots to get to the settings. In the clock settings at the top there is a button for alarm alerts. It says alarms and timers will vibrate if your phone is set to mute or vibrate. You'll still hear alarms when your phone is set to sound. I toggled that to off. The alarm rings now, even if the ringer is off. I wouldn't have found it without you. Thanks for your help.
MissEmpress
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
It does not sound when I have the volume is muted for the phones ringer.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S22
Follow the steps in the photo and make sure the option in the last step is turned off. Does this resolve the issue? ZomboDroid 18072022203301_6017_1658190850.jpg
0 Likes
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22

@MissEmpress Instead of using mute, use Do Not Disturb. The alarm will still sound when Do Not Disturb is enabled. 

MissEmpress
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Thank you. It actually works this way. However, before the update happened I was able to mute my phone and my clock alarm would sound. But ok, as long as it work, I'm cool with that.
0 Likes