JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S23 Preorder Feedback ; Trade In deals / Promotion feedback

(Topic created: 01-29-2023 08:16 AM)
SC1988
Halo
Options
Galaxy S23
These are the worst preorder trade-in deals ever. How dare Samsung try forcing us to sign contracts for 36 months with carriers to get the best deals. Gen Mill and Gen Z hate contracts. People need to boycott till they drop the prices for unlocked trade. For the previous s22 and fold and flip 4 models. CLEARLY SOME PEOPLE ARE BRAINWASHED STILL GETTING THEM. Sadly looking for clout as well. How pathetic.
669 Replies
DickBee
Halo
Options
Galaxy S23
Samsung's offers are disappointing: a five-month old $1500 Z Fold 4 is only worth $500 in trade. Quite a change from previous pre-orders. Doesn't seem to make much sense given the tepid smartphone market. Makes the Pixel more appealing. 
userIGSpVg85Ma
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23

Agreed.  I was already unhappy because the Samsung deals with tradein for the Fold 4 were $200-$300 better in October and November than they were when I bought mine on preorder in August.  Their new offers for the S23 this time around are even worse.

worstphoneever
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
Totally insane. Samsung is now dealing with carriers not with customers. I think they are saying their foldable phone's fail. Samsung failed foldable phone business due to quality.
0 Likes
worstphoneever
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
Worst deal ever. I decided not to order. I still have monthly payments for current phones with att, in order to get new phones I have to pay off. Are you serious? That's not a deal at all, I have to pay for current phones more than $600 per each. Instead, I will trade mines with next iPhone. I think I probably have similar deals. Crazy samsung.
Home_in_BKK
Comet
Options
Galaxy S23

Not a good deal this year comparing to last year.  I got great deal on S22 last year so it's not so bad trading in for S23 Ultra this year.  It's an upgrade for me.

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S23
Found this scrolling through phone arena. They are pretty reliable but still take this with a grain of salt although personally I think it's going to be accurate. Not the best trade in value for us with the S22 Ultra, for a 1200 phone that $590 isn't much. 

Yamialex224
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S23
Ya you probably would get a better deal from your carrier
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S23
Hello the best way to get the most trade in value is go through samsung they pay the most for trades
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S23
Yes, these are based on Samsung's alleged trade in values. I'm sure there'll be more incentives but based on pure phone value, I believe these values will be pretty close.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S23
I'll wait until August again when the trade in value will be 900 dollars towards the 23 ultra
0 Likes