Original topic:

Always On brightness adjustment

(Topic created: a month ago)
ron31416
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
After the last system update that was just applied, I can no longer adjust the brightness of the Always On display, either by double tapping or by going to Settings.
6 Replies
Snoopy75
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
I've also noticed this issue since I did the update. Also, many of the AOD options are completely gone. Hope they fix this ASAP because I've not been able to find a way to get them back
ron31416
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
I just got done working with Support, and they confirmed that this problem woth AOD is indeed a bug introduced in the latest system update. Testers? We don't need no testers!
ywbw
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
I hope they soon fix this "bug"! I use my phone as a bedside alarm clock at night. I use landscape mode because that's how I have to put my phone on the charger. Now that option is gone in AOD. Samsung...do better!
0 Likes
Ryan891
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S22
They lied to you. It's not a bug It was removed intentionally. They already removed it on the S24 series at launch and then on the S23 series after the 6.1 update. You have to use good lock to get it back. I have no idea why they removed it but it's not a "bug", It's definitely something they did on purpose
Popsicle20
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S22
Download Good Lock and install the LockStar plug-in.

You can toggle off Auto brightness and use a slider to manually adjust it instead. 1716033776869.jpg
user6Al5egfAL9
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
I spoke with support. They said it was intentionally removed. They removed a lot of customization options with 6.1. Samsung has removed and limited several customizations, specifically always on display (AOD). There is no reason to remove features and customization options. The always on display is null and void now that I can't see it unless my face is 6 inches or less from the device. Adaptive brightness was and has been an option for a while. Now it's the only option and it's more terrible than ever. Customization options for brightness is not something that should ever be removed from any device, ever. Give us control to control our brightness. What are these developers thinking! Samsung is going in the wrong direction. Samsung neutered the AOD to the point that it is not a useful feature anymore.