Original topic:

Android Auto maps broken with recent Samsung updates

(Topic created: 05-17-2024 06:56 PM)
userLQlYaPTVfo
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

Recently on my Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra I have been unable to get Maps to load on the main dashboard screen. It shows the Android Auto icon or defaults to the app screen.

Occasionally when I reboot the phone it loads but subsequent connections result in the display defaulting to the apps screen and if I exit out I get the following screen with maps replaced with the AA icon.

I have the latest Samsung update (April 1, 2024) with One UI 6.1 (was happening with 6.0 too) since the April 1 updates came out

This happens across vehicles (pic above is Volvo XC90) connected via cable. Have also tried it on a Ford.Any ideas how to resolve? Thanks.

Android Auto2.jpegAndroid Auto1.jpeg

2 Replies
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22
That would need to be reported to Google so they can fix the issue

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments ✓✓✓.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

userLQlYaPTVfo
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
I wish it was that easy, no way to contact or log a ticket with Google. My similar post on Android Auto Google Community goes unanswered and that appears to be the only way to contact Google other than sending feedback via app. I have seen on Reddit that others have the same issue on S24 too. This is core functionality in Android as you cannot uninstall either app and would expect Samsung to take point.
0 Likes