JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Android Auto not working after factory data reset

(Topic created: 08-23-2022 03:59 PM)
miranduuuuuh_
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22

Anyone have issues with Android auto not working after factory reset or have a solution? It'll start to ask for permissions but then it'll just cut off after asking for access to Bluetooth etc

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22

I would remove all traces of pairing from your phone and head unit.   If your head unit has a Projection Manager,  remove app pairings from that as well.   The set up AA as new,. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor

View solution in context

8 Replies
CDB315
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Yes..I am having the exact same issue along with this on my lock screen..which samsung has no idea what it isResized_Screenshot_20220823-152458_One_UI_Home_6770064633041_761_1661292072.jpg
0 Likes
miranduuuuuh_
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
Well thats horrifying
0 Likes
CDB315
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Tell me about it..now my android auto will not play in the car..AND my sound quality seems affected..
0 Likes
miranduuuuuh_
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
Well what's bugging me the most is that it's saying it's connected but when I try clicking it to get it to project it'll light up behind the icon but then nothing happens 😐
0 Likes
Solution
bill-e
Options
Galaxy S22

I would remove all traces of pairing from your phone and head unit.   If your head unit has a Projection Manager,  remove app pairings from that as well.   The set up AA as new,. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
miranduuuuuh_
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
I'm gonna have to try that again. I thought I did but maybe I didn't do it all the way, thank you
0 Likes
miranduuuuuh_
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
That worked thank you, I had to disconnect my Bluetooth from my car completely and then clear the data from android auto, restart my phone and cart and it finally came back up. Thank you!
0 Likes
bill-e
Options
Galaxy S22

You're welcome.   Clearing and disconnecting everything is the only thing that ever really worked for me.   Partial clearing has never worked so when this occurs,  I take the 5 minutes to clear it all out and reconnect. 

Bill
---
0 Likes