JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Android System Update, turn off automatic download

(Topic created: 05-24-2022 11:19 AM)
TUBuckeye29
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
While at work last wk my pants pocket (phone pocket) became incredibly warm. Thought I was imagining it, but when I grabbed my S22 Ultra a minute later it was very warm. I found that it was downloading the first major software update. I figure the warmth was from being in my pocket + the case I have on it + downloading over 5G with a weak signal (not good in my workplace). I would never download a system update unless I was at home on Wi-Fi - I know Android software updates don't count against data for us non-unlimited data dummies, but I do prefer to have the phone in open space and charging while downloading/installing a big update. So may as well use Wi-Fi lol. My question: how do I turn off the auto-download for Android system/software updates? I'd prefer just a notice of availability so I can manually start the download later.
21 Replies
Agent-99
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S22
I definitely think if you provided your carrier information and whether your device is unlocked or not would be a big step in helping you obtain the answer to your inquiry.
0 Likes
TUBuckeye29
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
There are quite a few replies in this post, so it's okay that you missed @user_ams007 postulating that info in their 2nd comment and me confirming it was correct.

If, after checking that reply, you have a response that may be more helpful than the selected solution, feel free to offer it & I'll take a look.
0 Likes