Original topic:

Android auto not working after update

(Topic created: 02-06-2024 08:10 PM)
Oldv
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

After last software update, Android Auto doesn't work properly (I get the message that the WiFi connection is unstable). On top of that, it looks like that, while on the car therefore using Android Auto, the battery drains very quickly. Anybody seen this?

11 Replies
Iriemango
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
I actually uninstalled it didn’t make a difference. Had to do that with web view for a long time as it kept messing up my Gmail & other apps. It kept being reinstalled I just kept uninstalling it from playstore until they finally fixed it.

Did you try going to settings app to android auto to storage to clear cache & data? That might help. That's why I uninstalled it until it gets fixed...good luck
Oldv
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Thanks for the suggestion. It's really annoying, it keeps disconnecting and draining the battery. Until two weeks ago, before last system update it worked perfectly
Iriemango
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
Do hope this will resolve your problem. Just be certain it doesn't keep getting reinstalled as my Android wrb view did. The playstore is quite sneaky & persistent.
0 Likes
Agus7in
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

I have an S22+, it cannot connect to the car with USB, for the last like 2 weeks Android Auto does not work any more.  I tried every trick in the book regarding AA, even removed all the updates and it does not work.  I believe now that it is a Samsung issue and we need Samsung to fix this.

Oldv
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

I also kept trying various things, but nothing changes. I haven't tried with the USB though, cause I thought it would work for sure. I will try.

Agus7in
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

Here's the full version

My S22+ will not connect any more to my Audi Q3.  I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING and NOTHING WORKED.  PLEASE FIX THIS.

What happens:  when I connect the phone, it disconnects after 1 or a few seconds, it re-connects again, disconnects and so on.  The only thing that I see on the screen is that the phone initiates charging and restarts charging every few seconds.

Details:
  1. Reinstalled AA, cleared data, cleared cache, nothing worked
  2. Tested both USB-C and USB-A ports, neither worked with AA
  3. Tried 2 USB-C cables and 3 USB-A cables, none work with AA, but they work anywhere else.  Tried half a foot-long cable up to 3 feet cables, same result.
  4. I activated USB debugging mode, did not work
  5. I removed the option for optimizing battery use in AA, spotify, google maps, whatsapp, etc., did not work
  6. I cleared all the phones stored in the car software, did not work
  7. I connected my iPhone and both CarPlay and charging work perfectly
  8. Finally, I decided to go to AA settings and I changed the setting about starting the app, I tried car default and always start and no improvement, BUT, when I tried start if used on the last drive, AA did not launch automatically, the phone started charging and I pressed on the car screen to connect AA and it worked - I was happy for a minute...
  9. However, I disconnected the phone and connected it again and it did not work anymore
  10. I have not been able to make AA work again. I went ahead and uninstalled all AA updates and still the same problem... 
  11. I downloaded the latest AA version from APK, did not work
Agus7in
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

SOLVED FOR ME: I had tried 3 different new cables, including one from Anker, but file transfer/android auto did not work, so I thought it was the software or the phone. They told me the software was unlikely given that I had tried all the possible solutions and COULD NOT CONNECT TO A LAPTOP (which I couldn't try before because my laptop was getting repaired!). Then went to get the phone repaired and they told me the phone was fine.  I couldn't believe it.  

The problem was the first new cable. But it wasn't simple that it just didn't work, the problem was that it somehow made the phone stop transferring data even with cables that worked!! That's why I couldn't figure it out. I needed to restart the phone before trying a cable that worked.

RECOMMENDATION: beware some cheap cables are rubbish, try connecting to a laptop, try restarting the phone before testing each cable. I had posted lots of other options before, so won't repeat them here.

Best of luck!

Oldv
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Mine connects properly with the cable. Still WiFi doesn't work properly.
0 Likes
usereZ1iocM0Rt
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
My son's Google smartphone works fine on my autos Android Auto. Guess what my next phone is going to be?