Original topic:

Apps not working on WIFI on S22 Ultra

(Topic created: 09-29-2022 03:29 PM)
tintin1993
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Hello, apps like Disney+ and Twitter and more are not working on Wifi on the S22 Ultra. Don't know what to do. This issue has been happening for over two months now. When I turn WIFI off and use cellular data, they magically work. Really want to use wifi for the apps and have them work properly. Can someone please help me with this? I have tried everything, even resetting the network settings which deleted every Bluetooth and WIFI connection the phone had.
Thanks in advance
14 Replies
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22
Hey there, I hope you're doing well.

Can you go to Settings>Connections>Data Usage>Mobile data only apps> and make sure that no apps are selected. If they are selected, unselect then and try them on WiFi.

I hope this helps!

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.
tintin1993
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Thanks for the response, I checked and all the apps are unselected so that wasn't the problem. Thanks anyways though
0 Likes
ParkbenchHobo
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Are you having issues with other devices on your router?
If so, it's the router.
If not, still reboot the router and try again after it power cycles.
tintin1993
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
No, I haven't had any issues with other devices. Will try to reboot
0 Likes
tintin1993
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
I power cycled the router and the apps still do not work on WIFI
0 Likes
User_name
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S22

but do they work when you use the mobile data? 

have you tried it in safe mode? 

0 Likes
tintin1993
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
The apps works when I am using mobile data. What is safe mode and how do I get to it?
0 Likes
useraZM2PEzXMd
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

Have you tried clearing the device cache partition and/or repairing the apps? My gf's phone was having a similar issue (HBO Max wouldn't open on Wi-Fi but worked on mobile data.) Clearing the device cache partition and repairing the apps worked for us.

To do so:

• Power off the device (side key and volume down, or use Bixby)
  • Hold the side key and volume up for 8 seconds (continue holding even after seeing the galaxy splash logo)
  • Use the volume keys to scroll down to "wipe cache partition" and the side key to confirm
  • Confirm partition wipe
  • Use the volume keys to select "repair apps"
  • Restart the device

Hope this helped!

tintin1993
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Thank you for your response. Just now tried everything you just mentioned and they still don't work properly.
0 Likes