Original topic:

Autofocus Painfully Slow

(Topic created: 08-04-2022 10:54 AM)
Skyline2186
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
Maybe somebody can enlighten me.

I recently purchased a Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra. Was so thrilled to finally get a new flagship phone after having my LG V60 for a few years. I was and still am very enthusiastic about the V60, it is one of the most underrated phones I think I've ever used. Unfortunately, with LG being out of the phone game, I just thought it was time to get into something new while that phone still worked. So I kept the V60 as a backup phone, and paid outright for this S22 Ultra. I was so excited to be able to use all these cool new camera features. But I'm going to be straight up honest and say that this camera although having a great zoom, pales in comparison to the quickness and clarity of the V60 camera. The autofocus is terrible on this thing. Not only does it not automatically autofocus very quickly, but if you tap the thing that you were trying to focus on, it almost never focuses very clear, or quickly. It generally just gives you the option to lock the "AE". Now in terms of using any of the zoom cameras. It's even worse. I struggle to get anything clear when it comes to taking a macro photo. Is it me? Or does anybody else agree that this auto focus is sort of lazy.

I have pictures of the Milky Way that I have taken on my LG V60 on the long exposure, pro setting.. I have tried taking similar photos on my S22 Ultra, and no matter how still the camera is, all of the images look like the camera was moved/skewed/blurry. What exactly is going on? I'm getting to a point where I feel like something is wrong with my phone and I need to return it and get a replacement device..

Anybody have a similar experience? I cannot be the only one. 
2 Replies
Options
Galaxy S22
I don't have this issue, but I've never tried taking a picture of the milky way because I live in an area with light (forgot the word, my apologies). You could always try to use Pro mode, or even RAW mode (separate app they always talked about when revealing the phone). The app is called Expert RAW, pretty sure it's on the Galaxy store. Try using those.
0 Likes
Helmetx
Halo
Options
Galaxy S22
I have a s20 ultra that after an update lost focus and has not improved after a few months.
0 Likes