JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Bad battery. Worse RAM management

(Topic created: 04-07-2022 07:24 PM)
OsamahB
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Typing this on my s22 ultra, jumped from my note 20 ultra. Yeah, TERRIBLE battery life on this phone. And RAM keeps closing apps since Android 12 (even on note 20). Fix this samsung. People are writing this in the Samsung members app as well. For 1300 dollars this is reducing. Last yrs phone and the yr before are out doing it with the battery!. I can't cross 6hrs 25mins of screen on time. What is this nonsense samsung

The phones I've owned: Samsung Gravity, Galaxy player 4.0, galaxy ace, s3, s4, s5, s7 edge, note 8, note 10+, note 20 ultra, now this garbage s22 ultra. What the heck Samsung. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Tom6068
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S22
So then don't use intensive social media apps. At the sane time, I'm not going police people on what they use for apps or how long they use them. Maybe they should compare a few days watching videos without social media use, then vice versa.

The consensus being from where, here? How many people by ratio are going to post here with issues to those who don't? Go to Apple forums, OPPO, OnePlus and you will find these same issues.

If yours or another person's phone is really performing that bad, either send it back if with that allowable time frame or get it repaired. It's really that simple since those are actual options customers have with their Samsung devices.

View solution in context

0 Likes
7 Replies
Tom6068
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S22
Works great for me.. Screenshot_20220408-081827_Memory Guardian_2048_1649420307.jpgScreenshot_20220407-181847_Device care_2043_1649369927.jpg
0 Likes
OsamahB
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Your screen on time is 3hrs 40mins.
That's not looking too good mate.

The note 20 ultra hits 9hrs 25mins screen on time. (Smaller numbers under total usage).
0 Likes
Tom6068
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S22
Look at the percentage tho. It looks real good. That 3hrs 40mins SoT figures up to about 18hrs SoT using all of the battery.
0 Likes
PaperStation
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S22
what apps for that screen time though probably just watching a movie there's no way this phone is capable of 18hrs
Tom6068
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S22
What's the difference? Its still SoT. I only posted screenshots that represent what SoT I had at that time to the % of battery power that was available.

I do use power saving mode, use black background, no AOD. but I can honestly say that the worst I've had after setting up my phone's power usage, that I had just over 7hrs SoT with 43% battery power left.
PaperStation
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S22
the general the consensus is the phone battery has been pretty subpar..
what if someone is just staring at a picture in gallery for three hours so when there's a screen on impressive screen on time of course it matters what the apps used
3 hrs of actual social media usage vs 3 hrs of video play back is a big difference
Solution
Tom6068
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S22
So then don't use intensive social media apps. At the sane time, I'm not going police people on what they use for apps or how long they use them. Maybe they should compare a few days watching videos without social media use, then vice versa.

The consensus being from where, here? How many people by ratio are going to post here with issues to those who don't? Go to Apple forums, OPPO, OnePlus and you will find these same issues.

If yours or another person's phone is really performing that bad, either send it back if with that allowable time frame or get it repaired. It's really that simple since those are actual options customers have with their Samsung devices.
0 Likes