Original topic:

Battery life after being at 10%

(Topic created: 04-21-2022 10:06 PM)
Android450
Star
Options
Galaxy S22
Hi everyone
I've been using the Galaxy S22 for a bit over a month now, and I recently received the April update which thankfully fixed many bugs, lag, and other such issues but I have encountered a new problem whenever my battery gets to 10% it starts to drop like a rock.
 I noticed that my phone was at 10% I put my phone down and went to do something else for about 7 minutes before I decided to pick up my phone and go put it on the charger. When I picked the phone back up it was down to 2%. Is anyone else dealing with this?

Update : Just posting an update. As of the June update this is no longer an issue

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Android450
Star
Options
Galaxy S22
Just posting an update. As of the June update this is no longer an issue

View solution in context

13 Replies
MrPhotoMoto
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
Why are you letting your phone get that low in the first place?
Android450
Star
Options
Galaxy S22
I normally don't was just a busy day, was dealing with other things forgot to plug it in the night before. Honestly I'm surprised it lasted me through most of the afternoon before this. Regardless this is still not normal behavior I've observed from any other Android device
0 Likes
MrPhotoMoto
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
You said "whenever" my phone gets to 10%. Implying it happens often, it at least more than once. A Li-Ion battery really shouldn't go below 20% on a consistent basis. It's not healthy for it. Not saying you've caused damage to it, however, you can use the device care feature to see what's been eating a lot if the battery. Though, it won't tell you anything over the past hour or less. Make sure all your apps are up to date as well.
0 Likes
Android450
Star
Options
Galaxy S22
It's happened twice, but I wasn't sure if I wasn't reading the battery percentage properly the first time so I just brushed it off until this last time the other day that I was able to see it happen directly for myself, and yes I'm well aware it would be healthy for the battery to not go that low, but life gets in the way sometimes. All my unused apps are hibernating and I've seen no unusual activity from my apps so far in the battery graph
Options
Galaxy S22
😂 love that 20 to 85% rumor cracks me up everytime I hear it 🤣 have yet to see or been provided any links to show this is fact. ( From a reliable source ) I seen people posting YouTube videos , articles by no name people and so on. Never get anything from a big time college or scientist something or someone with some actual credit to it/ them. I also always been sent stuff from Samsung. The same company who states heat causes the battery life to get low but yet let's only charge it 20 to 85 and charge it more often with heat more often. They are always contradictive themselves it's great 😂 plus they are in the market to make money so the more phones / batteries that need to be replaced the more money they in their pocket.

I have galaxy s4 with the original battery for work I have had it from the release date. Always let it get to 3 or 5% and charge to 100% and get 14 to 18 hours and 5 to 6 hours of sot. That device and battery is 9 years old! According to this 20/85 my battery should had been done and replace multiple times already.

Anyways Before this stupid April update my s22u was getting 1 day 14 hours to 1 day 18 hours with up to 9.5 hours sot

Now I'm barley getting 14 hours total. It's like the update cut the 5000mah down to 2500. Unreal

The way I look at it Samsung covers their devices for 1 year , then have insurance people are covered plus spending all that money ( 800+ ) on the device to dumb it down or go off rumors is kinda nuts.FB_IMG_1650537000293_2022_1650537000.jpg
0 Likes
DarkPhox
Sun
Options
Galaxy S22
Every samsung I have had does this, hits 10% and it seems to drain twice as fast, and the battery saver mode doesn't seem to slow it down, I swear the battery saver actually speeds up how fast the battery drops when you turn it on after hitting 10%

Edit: yes I know it's bad for the battery and typically don't ever hit this low in the battery, but in the instances I have this is what I noticed

Edit 2: typos, I suck at spelling lmao
Android450
Star
Options
Galaxy S22
Such a strange thing. It's my first Samsung since the S4. Used countless other Android devices since and have not seen this before
DarkPhox
Sun
Options
Galaxy S22
My S21 Ultra doesn't do this too much, though I have only hit 10% or so a couple times in the about half year I have had the phone.
0 Likes
Android450
Star
Options
Galaxy S22
Either Samsung isn't reporting the correct percentage, there's something wrong with how they calibrate their batteries or OneUI has some sort of bug
0 Likes