Original topic:

Bluetooth to Lexus connection fails

(Topic created: 09-21-2022 06:08 PM)
CyanBlu
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
I am having trouble connecting my 4 day old s22 ultra to my Lexus audio. The phone connected,but not the music. I disabled Android Auto and got the music to play. Then a few hours later my phone automatically completed a Samsung update. Now the music won't play again. I disabled Android Auto again but music still won't  play.  When I go into bluetooth on my phone the phone is on but the music slider turns off.

Never had this problem with my s7 or s8. Does anyone know how to fix this?
6 Replies
Saturnjie
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Sorry to hear of your troubles. I had a similar issue with my Tundra and a brand new Note 20 Ultra about 2 years ago. Android auto seriously lacks in performance. What cured my phone/vehicle problems was a complete uninstall of the Android Auto app, restarted my Note, and did a clean install of said app.
Hope this helps 🙏
CyanBlu
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Thanks for your reply. After uninstalling the Android App is there a reason to reinstall it?
Saturnjie
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
It for some reason is the main link up between an android and the vehicle. It's just a really poorly maintained app. You might try a link up without it and see how that goes?
CyanBlu
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Thank you.
CyanBlu
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
I should have mentioned my Lexus is 2012. I don't think I can uninstall Android Auto from S22, only disable which I had already done. It worked before the Samsung update. Now doesn't. Only phone connects. I removed all paired devices and re-paired. It both phone and player connected, then player turned off. Just like before.
some dude
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

I am having the exact same problem (but with a 2010 Lexus RX350) as CyanBlu.  I have never used Android Auto though.  I haven't seen a definitive fix to this issue yet.  Has anyone made progress.

0 Likes