JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Business devices get locked out of devices because of Samsung Accounts

(Topic created: 08-30-2022 09:26 AM)
userOQ7EJlzVjx
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

We buy hundreds of Samsung devices which we manage through Microsoft InTune.  We can control the PIN and Google Account so can always access a device after an Employee quits.

However, the annoying Samsung Account is not something we can disable so anyone can add a personal Samsung Account the device which literally locks the device.  Our company pays for and owns these devices so why are we prevented from wiping them?  No we cannot 'ask' the Employee we just fired to please unlock the account.

The underlying OS is Android so if we have the PIN, we have the Google account, why can we not wipe the device and re-use it?  

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
usermzeJaY3BsM
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S22

My recommendation  would be to create a company Samsung account and tie this into all future devices, which should prevent end-users from adding their own.  While I know this does not help you with your current devices, it should prevent this from happening with new devices.

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
usermzeJaY3BsM
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S22

My recommendation  would be to create a company Samsung account and tie this into all future devices, which should prevent end-users from adding their own.  While I know this does not help you with your current devices, it should prevent this from happening with new devices.