JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Camera failed error

(Topic created: 03-11-2024 07:04 PM)
userygSTgCX3bl
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
Phone just started this out of nowhere galaxy s22. I was able to use the camera this morning with no issues. Samsung support was of no help. Only recommended me to do a trade in for a new phone
6 Replies
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22
Settings>Apps>Camera>Storage>Clear data. This will effectively reset the camera and you will lose all app settings. If that doesn't work, try this. With the phone off, press and hold Power and Volume up buttons until the Samsung logo disappears. Using volume keys, highlight Wipe cache partition, and then power to select and confirm on the following screen. Returning to the original menu, use volume to navigate to Repair apps, and then power again to select. This will reindex all your apps.
userMEO5UPt4mk
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Will this factory reset my phone? Will I lose all my content?
Members_3g35eyr
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

Did this but still comes up with the camera failed. With the Samsung camera app happens. But with Facebook or a different camera app the front camera works but the selfie camera does not work. 

0 Likes
userMEO5UPt4mk
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
My camera also stopped working out of the blue.
0 Likes
Roody18
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

I've been having the same problem since mid-February, Clearing the cache and resetting the phone worked for a short time. I'm thinking is time to move on and get the Pixel 8 Pro. I love this phone, but If I can't take pictures it's useless to me. If the next update does not fix this bye-bye S22 hello Pixel 8 pro. 

0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S22

Hello there! I can certainly understand how important it is for your camera to work as it was designed to! If you have already tried clearing the cache of the app, the device and also tried a factory data reset, I would suggest having a certified technician take a look at the device!

You can use the following link to find a list of service centers in the U.S. that can do the repair: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location or by calling customer support at 1-800-726-7864. For service outside the U.S., please use this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocationsite.html I do apologize for any inconvenience.

0 Likes