JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Picture in picture camera feature

(Topic created: 03-02-2023 08:09 AM)
krazy_loco
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22

I remember that on note 4, camera app there was a feature of pictures in pictures, when taking a picture you can have both front facing camera and back camera on. Is it still a feature of the camera app?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22

@krazy_loco You can do that by using Director's view. Open the Camera and click More. Then Select Director's view. It will capture a view using both front and back cameras. Then you can just grab a still from the video. 

View solution in context

8 Replies
mizzwax
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S22
No it should I thought that was cool
Solution
LongHiker
Options
Galaxy S22

@krazy_loco You can do that by using Director's view. Open the Camera and click More. Then Select Director's view. It will capture a view using both front and back cameras. Then you can just grab a still from the video. 

krazy_loco
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
The director's View is a video, it's not a photo. Any way to get a photo with picture and picture?
0 Likes
LongHiker
Options
Galaxy S22

@krazy_loco When you play the video, there will be an icon on screen. Click that icon and it will grab a still (photo) from the video. A little more work than the old feature but easily done. 

krazy_loco
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
But this definitely will be handy as far as options. Thank you for your reply.
0 Likes
krazy_loco
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
The director's view records video but it's separate front and back it's not together even though the view screen shows both windows. So this is not what I'm looking for.
0 Likes
MarvinX
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
I never knew that, thanks!
0 Likes
krazy_loco
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
Developer, please incorporate the director view as photo option, that would be awesome. I reviewed some photos I'd taken with my note 4 with the front camera view, that really captured the moment and I'm appreciative of that.