Original topic:

Camera freezes after update

(Topic created: 11-10-2022 04:39 PM)
King619
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

Ever since the update after halloween the camera has seemed to have gone wrong Freezes after about three seconds on clicking the camera freezes and goes to a black screen with a tiny camera in the middle after every time I go from photo to video or any other type and also does the same thing when I go from rear facing the front facing camera

14 Replies
Options
Galaxy S22
I have the exact same situation.
I've gone as far as to completely factory reset my phone having to remember every password and every detail to get it back again and it isn't easy.

I'm willing to bet that if you say "hey Google take a selfie" the camera facing you will take that picture, but you won't be able to get the main camera to work.
King619
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
I get a shot in Here and there after 10 mins of it doing this sh!t
0 Likes
King619
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
I got it to work fine in half screen then full screen froze up right away
0 Likes
Belaythatorder
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S22
I would suggest a couple of troubleshooting steps. The simplest would be to clear your camera app's cache/data. If that fails I would try a partition cache clear which is good at clearing out the software bugs that sometimes come with these updates. Here are the steps:
https://thedroidguy.com/wipe-cache-partition-galaxy-s22-1166388
King619
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Didnt work!
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S22
Ditto
King619
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
But at least my cache is cleared hahahah
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S22
This is clearly a bug and I'm hoping that the next update will fix it since I haven't had the new update yet.
Options
Galaxy S22
Meanwhile. My camera is worthless eye candy.
0 Likes