Original topic:

Camera is always a problem

(Topic created: 05-21-2022 01:32 PM)
user1dze96ffbj
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

S22 ultra is piece of sh....

Frequently I get the error of camera not working or images are too blurry. Can someone please help? 
8 Replies
Jetster
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
I assume you've wiped your camera. Check for camera updates. Otherwise seek professional help.
0 Likes
Who_Dis
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S22

it could be hardware issue where the lens is stuck and is unable to focus by shifting the lens. In such case you need to visit authorized repair center for camera module swap.

If it's a lens stuck, then usually you can tap the phone to dislodge the stuck lens and make it move as it should.... still, replace it if this is the case.

Otherwise, Reproduce issue then report to Samsung Members app > Get Help > Error Report

Lastly, 

What is the device model number and software version (settings > about phone > software information > build number (last 4 digits)) ? and also the camera app's version?

Samsungfan334
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
I thought I was the only one having this issue. I just had my camera replace through Samsung tech people and I'm still getting the same issue as far as camera fail, phone restarting while takin pictures,no video with Google Duo I think it's more so the phone and I definitely think I need a new phone I think this phone got a defect.. I have the unlocked version through Samsung
Who_Dis
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S22

what's your phone's model number? can you share the software version as well?

software version (settings > about phone > software information > build number (last 4 digits))

depending on what software version you have, you may be facing the camera malfunction issue that is known and set to be fixed already. the issue that I'm referring to was 'camera failure' in multiple apps including the stock camera app. your issue sounds very similar to this.

you can Reproduce issue then report to Samsung Members app > Get Help > Error Report    so that you can get confirmation whether you have the same issue or not as the one that I just noted.

0 Likes
Samsungfan334
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
SentScreenshot_20220520-180654_Settings_2678_1653088014.jpgScreenshot_20220520-180725_Software update_2679_1653088045.jpg
0 Likes
Paulballs
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
The may security update killed my camera. Won't open, have tried every fix, factory reset multiple time, took to an authorized Samsung repair site, they flashed the ROM 2x, no change. Tomorrow they are supposed to replace the camera module. I'm beyond disgusted that a Samsung update broke my phone
EdMon
Halo
Options
Galaxy S22

maybe was not the update, it just come defective till finally gave up.....lots of hardware problems with the S22 line. If you access Samsung  EU forum is just a mess with people having all kinds of problem, and never mind that Europeans got **bleep** with a cheaper CPU Exynos...

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s22-series/problems-with-gsm-network-on-galaxy-s22-ultra/...

Unhappy Galaxy S22 ULTRA
0 Likes
Paulballs
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Well it was 100% fine until immediately after the may security update. Anyway, repair shop changed my camera module today and it's finally back working.
0 Likes