Original topic:

Cannot enable Message via Phone Link app

(Topic created: 02-18-2023 09:25 PM)
Davorian
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

Hello,

I have successfully linked my Galaxy S22 to a Windows 10 laptop PC via Phone Link/Link to Windows.

Every aspect of this link appears to work as intended except for the Messages tab in Phone Link which states it needs permissions and then prompts with a "Send Notification" button.  Pressing this button appears to do nothing at all, and I am not receiving text messages on the PC.

The Link to Windows app has permission for notifications, and notification permissions are enabled in the app itself.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Davorian
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

Thanks for your reply.  After an extensive discussion over at the Microsoft forums here, I did eventually manage to get Phone Link/Link to Windows working.  The trick seems to be to ensure that Link to Windows actually has no permissions at all at the start of the process and then just to follow the app instructions from there.

I might check out KDE Connect anyway just out of interest.

Thanks again.

View solution in context

2 Replies
James-A51
Halo
Options
Galaxy S22
There is also KDE connect for windows and Android which will do everything as phone link and allow notification sync

Sometimes the one built into windows doesn't work as good as they say
0 Likes
Solution
Davorian
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

Thanks for your reply.  After an extensive discussion over at the Microsoft forums here, I did eventually manage to get Phone Link/Link to Windows working.  The trick seems to be to ensure that Link to Windows actually has no permissions at all at the start of the process and then just to follow the app instructions from there.

I might check out KDE Connect anyway just out of interest.

Thanks again.