Original topic:

Clock App Feedback Suggestion

(Topic created: 11-09-2022 07:41 PM)
delkoman01
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

On Clock app, add the ability to make an Alarm timezone sensitive. Any Alarm set up as such will automatically adjust as the phone moves between timezones. This is most helpful for recurring Alarms.

5 Replies
LongHiker
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22

@delkoman01 I believe that this already happens. If you set an alarm for 6 am while you are in Eastern time (ET) zone but then move to Central time (CT) zone the alarm will ring at 6 am in CT. 

Or are you saying that you want an alarm set at 6 am ET to ring at 5 am CT when you are physically located in the CT? 

0 Likes
delkoman01
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Yes. I set alarms for recurring meetings to augment my calendar alerts. So if I set an alert for 8:50 am Central Time, I need it to adjust to 6:50 am when I am in Vegas
0 Likes
usermzeJaY3BsM
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S22

Is your time changing when you move between time zones?  if not then it is likely that your device is set to a specific time zone, and the alarm would have no way of doing this.  Check to verify that your device is set to auto-detect the time zone here:

Settings | General management | Date and time | Automatic time zone

You can also try the "Set time zone based on location" if the prior is on and not working, as it appears to do this via GPS, as opposed to using the cell towers.

Automatic date and time might also need to be on.

I forgot to disable my alarm when I went to a different sate, and my alarm went off at the exact time I set it for, despite being in a different time zone, so I can attest that this does work.

0 Likes
delkoman01
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Yes, i have my phone configured automatically adjust to the local timezone. An alarm set for 6:00 CT will ring at 6:00 even after the phone's time adjusts. On the other hand, there may be times when someone would not want the alarm to track with timezone changes so either way, the feature to follow/ignore timezone changes needs to be added.
0 Likes
usermzeJaY3BsM
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S22

Sorry, I misunderstood your issue.  This sounds like it needs to be added to your calendar, or set as an appointment.  An alarm does not usually adjust for daylight savings.