Original topic:

Custom sms notifications gone after update

(Topic created: 06-13-2024 07:05 AM)
Deeliscious
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
After last update May 25th, 2024, I am no longer able to set custom notifications for text messages in Gxy settings, or the Gxy Messages settings.
Maybe this option was moved from the app, but I can't find it. I'd appreciate any help! 
5 Replies
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22
You should be able to make sure thus is toggled on first
Phone settings
Notifications
Advanced settings
Manage notifications categories for each app has to be toggled on
Now open Samsung Messages
Click on the message from the contact
Click the 3 dots in the top right
And you should see notification sound
1718289441604.jpg

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments ✓✓✓.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

0 Likes
AfromZ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
After the May 25th 2024 update my phone gets hot after a few minutes. Most of my settings are gone. These updates should be illegal if we can't uninstall it. Samsung support don't know how to help me. One representative made my phone worse. I'm thoroughly disgusted with Samsung and will never buy from them again.
0 Likes
AfromZ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
The May 25, 2024 update has caused so much problems. Samsung must think we have nothing better to do than sit around trying to get our phones fixed from how they messed it up
0 Likes
AfromZ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
Samsung told me to use this app that I might get help. Why do we have to do their job? And I don't see where I can get help. I think this is just a complaint board
0 Likes
LeoWyatt89
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S22

@AfromZ This forum is a peer-to-peer support channel. If you're looking for Samsung to swoop in an answer every question and concern, you're in the wrong support location. There are various other Samsung support channels that you can reach out to if you need help from them directly. 

0 Likes