Original topic:

Erroneous Android 13 update message

(Topic created: 09-15-2022 08:23 AM)
Who_Me
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
As you can see when getting the latest security update, it erroneously reports Android 13 and OneUI 5 in the summary log. Going into About phone-->Software Information proves it is indeed an error message. Anyone else get this? Android 13 doesn't even have an official release date scheduled yet for Samsung devices. 

18 Replies
Tammyann
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
I looked online & found that the people on the beta program got the android 13. & the one UI 5.. maybe they messed up on the info section on our update..I'm not on the beta program stuff..
Loki1081
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
I got it to last night says android 13 on what's new but I'm still running android 12
0m3n
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
My phone auto updated and afterwards it said this... but im not in the beta program (even though I want to be) and when I click on "About, Software Information" it says im still running Android 12. On top of that it seemed to secretly download two random game apps on my phone "Solitaire" and some other game starting with a "B" 

Loper_fan
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
Known issues. Verizon put the wrong android version and Verizon also got paid by a game developer to put those games on there.
wow10
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
Wow
0 Likes
userWF4ixrZkM7
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
I have an S21 Ultra and it is the exact same on mine.
0 Likes
The Burg
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S22
Interesting. No issues with my update, no mystery games on my S21+. Since Android 13 hasn't been released, I could not care less that the update is labeled as 13. No biggie as it's just around the corner. I can wait a couple more months.
0 Likes
TeteVirgo
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
I got 2 games on my phone also when I updated my software on Verizon but I kept one and Uninstalled the other one
0 Likes
LauraMesserSmith
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
My s22 ultra has the same thing on it. I took it into the actual Verizon store for a total different reason and showed that to the technician. He just said that it was just letting us know what was in version 13, but I still have questions?
0 Likes