JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

FAQ? Smart Switch, keep custom notification/ringtone settings?

(Topic created: 08-10-2022 03:22 PM)
userjeUOSwHzgB
Constellation
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

Smart Switch is very intelligent in transferring a lot of stuff, including custom folders, I think even the content of the /Notification and /Ringtones folders (and any other personal folder containing Sounds).

However the settings for custom Notifications and Ringtones pertaining Contacts or specific Apps usually never was migrated. I tried either with wifi/cable migration or with the windows app.

Does this work now? Is there any way to export and import these settings so (with the files in the same path) every app or contact still gets their own Notification sound or Ringtone?

BTW same could be said for WhatsApp and probably other messaging apps, but those settings are in-app so if the app doesn't sync it I suppose there's no easy way.

1 Reply
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

Thank you for your interest in sharing your idea with Samsung. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.